Bolt Action 1000 Point Box Sale

Started by LongBlade, February 26, 2013, 09:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Thats a pretty sweet deal but I've got plenty on my painting table as it is.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GJK

Looks expensive to me - 100 bucks for 40 plastic soldiers, a Hetzer, an ATG and a MG team...all German so you can't even fight a battle.  I'm not experienced with these collectable mini's, is this really a good price? 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

LongBlade

Quote from: GJK on February 26, 2013, 09:35:33 PM
Looks expensive to me - 100 bucks for 40 plastic soldiers, a Hetzer, an ATG and a MG team...all German so you can't even fight a battle.  I'm not experienced with these collectable mini's, is this really a good price?

I haven't played the game so I can't speak to the specifics of what 1000 points buys you.

However, based on reading on the peripheral and knowledge of what other minis games cost to get a decent army on the board, yes, $100 is nothing outrageous.

TheCommandTent

1000 point armies are standard size armies to game with using the Bolt Action rules.  Seeing how these figures are in 28mm and Warlord games has good quality figures the price is pretty good.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GJK

Those mini's look really good but that's just too rich for my blood.  I'd need another nationality plus all the terrain if I wanted it to look good.  Maybe if I wasn't so tied to ASL....
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

LongBlade

Quote from: GJK on February 27, 2013, 07:41:07 AM
Those mini's look really good but that's just too rich for my blood.  I'd need another nationality plus all the terrain if I wanted it to look good.  Maybe if I wasn't so tied to ASL....

$200 to play a minis game any weekend you want is a slam dunk. Once that money has been spent you have them forever. They look better than a box on a shelf, and while not every game is played at 28mm, scale can easily be converted for games in other scales, and for games that are 28mm, you've got no need to buy any more minis.

If I were playing Bolt Action or some other 28mm WWII game, I'd pounce.

TheCommandTent

I've actually decided to play Bolt Action using 15mm figures and terrain and so far I am in for under $100 and have enough figures for 1000+ point armies for Germans and Americans plus some basic terrain.  Now I just need to get them painted.   ;D