Main Menu

Imperator: Rome

Started by steve58, February 05, 2019, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RommelFox

I have EUIV, Crusader Kings II and VIC II sitting pretty much unplayed from a bundle purchase.  I should really dive into them, or buy this because we know ROME is the greatest.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Jarhead0331

https://steamcommunity.com/games/859580/announcements/detail/1613893608679271371

The features of this update include:

Dual Rulers: The historic second consuls of Rome and suffetes of Carthage are now represented in these republics, and a monarch's spouse contributes to the rule of the kingdom.
    Heritage: Nations now have traditional profiles that reflect their historic strengths, adding more differentiation between nations.
    Naval Combat: More types of ships and new tactical options for combat, similar to those available on land.
    Naval Range: Ships can travel a limited distance from a friendly port before suffering attrition. This attrition can be reduced by inventions.
    Pirates: Pirates now operate from a pirate haven in a specific province. Clearing out this base will reduce pirate activity for a while. Also, pirates may now be hired as mercenaries.
    Release Subjects: Reduce unrest by ceding limited independence to provinces that do not like your rule.
    Province Improvements: Cities can build special projects that come with major permanent bonuses, crafting a major metropolis for your realm.
    Stability Rework: Stability is now a 100 point scale (base of 50) with corresponding bonuses and penalties along the range.
    New Government Interactions: Give a specific family greater power, call a War Council in times of emergency
    Navigable Rivers: Fleets can now sail the great rivers of the region (Nile, Tigris and Euphrates) opening up new military strategies.
    New Commander Traits: Admirals and generals earn new traits while leading forces.
    Move Capital: Relocate your national center of power or provincial capitals.
    New Events: New event chains, including flavor events for Rome, Italy and Carthage. New events related to military commanders and slavery.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

sambo

The base game is available on the Xbox game pass so is available on windows 10 PC (plus about 100 games on PC).  If you are on Xbox live already the current deal is insane value... convert the residual term of your Xbox live membership to game pass up to 36 months for $1.  So I extended for 2 years for a$5 p.m. first (turning off auto renew and then back on again to get 2 more months free) and then paid $1.  One of the best deals I have ever seen.

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: sambo on June 27, 2019, 04:39:44 AM
The base game is available on the Xbox game pass so is available on windows 10 PC (plus about 100 games on PC).  If you are on Xbox live already the current deal is insane value... convert the residual term of your Xbox live membership to game pass up to 36 months for $1.  So I extended for 2 years for a$5 p.m. first (turning off auto renew and then back on again to get 2 more months free) and then paid $1.  One of the best deals I have ever seen.

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Not that it hugely matters, but is it $1 per month or in total?  I went to try it and said $1 for first month and then said $14.99 thereafter.....maybe I am doing it wrong.

sambo

Yes it is $1 for the first month ... so it is only great value if you have a longer subscription ... once you buy the $1 option it will convert your remaining xbox live subscription to Game Pass ... so I had 9 months left on mine and then bought 2 x 12 months for A$62 and then got 2 extra months for turning off the auto renew and turning back on when activating.

There are about 100+ games on the PC immediately available and 200+ on the xbox and you generally get around 3 free games per month if you log on and click the option to purchase the game in the 15-30 day window.

So a 3 month subscription + $1 might be a great way to try this game + 100 others out if you are only pc gaming but then $15 p.m. for the bigger catalogue.

It will or does already include flight sim, gears of war 4 and 5, Forza 4 etc ... I thought since I already have xbox live it is a no-brainer.

sambo

This should be the USA link:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/cfq7ttc0kgq8?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

IMO it is just ridiculous value to at least buy a 3 month subscription and then pay $1 and you get 4-5 months to just stuff around.

sambo

[edit] And it looks like if you are USA it is only US$5.00 p.m. ... damn AUD/USD :( ... if you are pc only subscriber it is only USD4.99 per month and USD1.00 p.m. for first month but I assume if you have an xbox you can convert a longer subscription to xbox + pc at around USD9.99 p.m.

I still argue this is ridiculous value to at least try these games out + if you have an xbox it is ludicrous value.

Nefaro

Imperator: Rome is free-to-play for the next 5 days.

I didn't try it until after the last major feature update, and enjoyed it enough to play nearly 30 hours.  Planned on more, but waited until after this next big feature addition which just showed up.

Kinda dig it.  Like parts of EU4 and Victoria series mixed together, with a tiny bit of CK running in the background.  I'd prefer they add a bit more active CK-style stuff, for more help regarding the extreme happenings I want to influence, but it's fine.

Jarhead0331

Hey Nefaro...good to see you posting in the forums over the last couple days. Hope you are well.

Was thinking about jumping back into this one too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Just got myself the greek dlc....now i just have to find the time to play it!

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 31, 2020, 09:21:20 AM
Hey Nefaro...good to see you posting in the forums over the last couple days. Hope you are well.

Thanks!

Have  you played since the previous feature update?  Was pretty happy with it, and they're apparently still adding more freebies.  Beginning to think some user reviews are just perma-salty against Pdox these days.  I wonder if it's just due to DLC burnout in past titles.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on March 31, 2020, 10:08:02 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 31, 2020, 09:21:20 AM

Thanks!

Have  you played since the previous feature update?  Was pretty happy with it, and they're apparently still adding more freebies.  Beginning to think some user reviews are just perma-salty against Pdox these days.  I wonder if it's just due to DLC burnout in past titles.

I haven't played any since right after initial release. It felt a little like a shell and I knew it was going to take Paradox a good amount of time to fill it out with the kind of flair and detail they are known for. It looks like they have made great progress. Looking forward to firing it up!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Vintage Dude

For those people, like myself, that haven't bought it, it's 50% off at Steam.

steve58

Quote from: Vintage Dude on March 31, 2020, 10:58:19 AM
For those people, like myself, that haven't bought it, it's 50% off at Steam.

Thanks for the heads up.  There is also a 5 day demo/trial for it.  Think I'm going to to give that a shot...first.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

jamus34

Can anyone who's been following since launch say this is worth to buy yet?
Insert witty comment here.