Greetings from New York!

Started by agrippamaxentius, July 30, 2015, 04:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: Arctic Blast on August 02, 2015, 03:06:41 PM
Welcome, Agrippa. Let this thread serve as the sort of madness you can expect.  :coolsmiley:
Haha I love it xD, to share my two cents the creepiest state I have ever been in was Louisiana. Something odd once you go deeper into the Bayou, the people look... different.  :crazy2:
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

bob48

Quote from: agrippamaxentius on August 03, 2015, 01:01:25 AM
Welcome, Agrippa. Let this thread serve as the sort of madness you can expect.  :coolsmiley:
Haha I love it xD, to share my two cents the creepiest state I have ever been in was Louisiana. Something odd once you go deeper into the Bayou, the people look... different.  :crazy2:

^ Or possibly, they all start to look the same.........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

We'll have to ask BB about that...he's a local.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2015, 07:49:09 AMWe'll have to ask BB about that...he's a local.

My extended family are local to Cajun country.  I'm local to the Carolinas.

And yes, there's some different looking people out in the back country.  They're also some of the nicest people you've ever met.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 03, 2015, 07:53:53 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2015, 07:49:09 AMWe'll have to ask BB about that...he's a local.

My extended family are local to Cajun country.  I'm local to the Carolinas.

And yes, there's some different looking people out in the back country.  They're also some of the nicest people you've ever met.
To be fair, I love both Louisiana and Florida for the awesome swamps and great food. But yeah definitely seems like a country within a state in certain areas xD. The first time I heard Cajun I actually thought the guy might be a french immigrant.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: bob48 on August 03, 2015, 05:32:05 AM
Quote from: agrippamaxentius on August 03, 2015, 01:01:25 AM

^ Or possibly, they all start to look the same.........
Hahaha  :2funny:

Steelgrave

Louisiana, Mississippi (well off the highways), and rural Alaska all had that small town horror vibe to me. I got used to Mississippi and came to love Alaska, but Louisiana still creeps me out  8)

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 05, 2015, 04:06:53 PM
Louisiana, Mississippi (well off the highways), and rural Alaska all had that small town horror vibe to me. I got used to Mississippi and came to love Alaska, but Louisiana still creeps me out  8)
Mississippi absolutely, West Virginia can also be odd in certain parts.  My memory is sitting in a bathroom stall taking care of business when suddenly I see muddy boots and the butt of a shotgun in the stall next to me.  In New York if you brought a shotgun into a bathroom, you'd be dead or arrested in minutes.  I have never been to Alaska, but i'd love to visit sometime.

Gusington

Better the butt of a shotgun than any other type of butt.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: agrippamaxentius on August 05, 2015, 05:05:36 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on August 05, 2015, 04:06:53 PM
Mississippi absolutely, West Virginia can also be odd in certain parts.  My memory is sitting in a bathroom stall taking care of business when suddenly I see muddy boots and the butt of a shotgun in the stall next to me.  In New York if you brought a shotgun into a bathroom, you'd be dead or arrested in minutes.  I have never been to Alaska, but i'd love to visit sometime.

One thing that was repeatedly stressed about rural Alaska (basically, any place outside of Anchorage or Fairbanks) was people who put up "No Trespassing" signs were absolutely not 'effin around and that you went up a driveway  or passed a fence line so marked at your own risk. And if the owner didn't get you, well....there are always grizzlies and wolves  8)

Gusington

I need to move to rural Alaska ASAP.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on August 06, 2015, 06:03:25 PM
I need to move to rural Alaska ASAP.

A full year after returning to the lower 48, I realized I was still scanning the sides of the highway for moose when I drove. I never saw a single moose in Oklahoma....go figure.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 06, 2015, 10:53:04 PM
Just plenty of tarantulas

True that. Although the tornadoes tend to redistribute them at random.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 06, 2015, 11:07:29 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 06, 2015, 10:53:04 PM
Just plenty of tarantulas

True that. Although the tornadoes tend to redistribute them at random.

Tarantunado!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys