An RPG Picked by You when you see an interesting RPG on driveThruRPG.com

Started by gameleaper, August 16, 2016, 04:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Something along the lines of Wild, Wild West might work. The original, of course, not that Will Smith reboot thing.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

there one in space firefly . a star-trek western with yule brimmer as captain picard :))

gameleaper

Dammit Carl!

So are we all following some unconscious groupmind?  I've gotten a hankerin' fer something "western," as well (not Deadlands), so I've managed to track down some Boot Hill stuff (3rd edition) and am looking that over.

Lol!   ;D

gameleaper

Sounds like a more serious ruleset. I just looked on DriveThru, and boothill isn't there but a really cheap toomstone is, I was not going to buy boothill but maybe :))

Dammit Carl!

Yeah...Boot Hill isn't readily available which is a pity.  From what I've seen so far, 3rd ed. tries to flush a character out to be something more than just "gun," stats - they've got skills and whatnot.  Still is a butt-ton of stuff regarding shooting style combat (it was from the 80s/90s TSR after all).  Interesting things I've seen: 1. a chapter just about horses and 2. a chapter talking about involving things like vampires, and the supernatural.

There are a few omissions (i.e. no animal stats), but overall, I think this is an okay, simple framework of rules to build off of.

bbmike

Go Fer Yer Gun! (yes, it is really called that) was free on DriveThruRPG a while back and I grabbed it. It looks like it's been removed now.

[edit]Ah, here's why. It's now on sale for $12 as a soft cover book.[/edit/
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Dammit Carl!

Nefaro

Quote from: gameleaper on August 18, 2016, 08:05:41 PM
Ive just skimmed it, all the NPCs are Done for you , I found this great for solo games,I know lots of RPGs have monster stats - but this one is good, you have classes of gunfighters too all setup as default ready for the player to finishup, there is a multipart adventure included, its the full western experience.  and the Luck dice is a great mechanic.

I think I saw a preview of the rules here it is http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/79266/Wild-West-Cinema--Preview?term=Wild+West+Cinema&test_epoch=0

I really like the rules, about 110 pages

Saw this in the review section, for the preview copy:

Quote from: Review
For a preview, this doesn't really give you much...unless you happen to recognize the game system it closely resembles - FENG SHUI! ...and that is not a bad thing.

The system must be light but heavy narrative craziness, then.
;)

Dammit Carl!

Won't lie: cued that up on Netflix two nights ago to watch and to introduce the boy to some more "classics." 

There is just so much to mine from w/regards to that era.

Quote from: Nefaro on August 19, 2016, 11:51:49 AM
The Warriors must be coming to play.

Ohhhh yyyeeaaahhh.

gameleaper

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185277/One-Page-Dungeon-Compendium-2016-Edition

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185389/One-Page-Dungeon-Compendium-2015

these a wonderouse for $3 , you get hand drawn stuff, its what makes it special real people doing real games, there tons of ideas easily digestable in one page, you wont believe how good these are.

I'm going to grab extra compediums if they have more with every purchase I make, plaus your supporting the project when you buy, and buy isn't really buying for $3 is dirt cheap. its just so personal seeing these maps and writing on one page each

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak