Started by Nefaro, May 30, 2017, 03:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on May 31, 2017, 11:50:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 31, 2017, 11:44:00 AM
That is so covfefe

I was waiting for someone here to use that

Well, it wasn't like her narrative was disfurbled
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 31, 2017, 11:26:07 AM
Full on atomic bomb mode explanation:
I have had many incidents were men grab me from behind. Usually I just tell them to go away. But this one guy thought he was being funny and decided to do it again. I'm not sure what happened in the moment,  but he did apologize to me a week later in front of his wife. He wanted to hug it out. My response was to threaten him in front of his wife with, "If I wanted to kill you you would be dead. Take your apology and go fuck yourself." Someone told me I was holding a knife to his throat. I honestly don't remember this. This wasn't the 1st time this guy has grabbed me, touched me or said inappropriate things to me.  I've asked him to stop repeatedly, I've told my boss. Nobody seems to give a shit until it gets ugly. So I quit. Because he's an asshole. But here's to me starting a new job in July. Yay me!  Looking forward to the next asshole I have to deal with. I don't think my anger therapy is working.  I'm very angry right now. I come here for shits and giggles. Oh look my backyard is an ocean. I'm going swimming.

Hopefully you don't have to deal with guys like that again in the new job.  Doesn't say much for his wife either.  If I did what you described to a co-worker, by wife would have taken care of the problem.  No boss needed. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Ubercat

It's hard to believe that ANY man in a western country could get away with behaving like that, never mind a series of them!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

JasonPratt

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 31, 2017, 11:23:32 AM
Yes, but no one takes a Canadian threat seriously

Except Rommel. He knew something.

Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 31, 2017, 11:26:07 AMI don't think my anger therapy is working.  I'm very angry right now. I come here for shits and giggles. Oh look my backyard is an ocean. I'm going swimming.

I've heard swimming is great for anger therapy!  O0 Hopefully that works out for you.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 01, 2017, 11:32:20 AM

Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 31, 2017, 11:26:07 AMI don't think my anger therapy is working.  I'm very angry right now. I come here for shits and giggles. Oh look my backyard is an ocean. I'm going swimming.

I've heard swimming [in your foe's blood] is great for anger therapy!  O0 Hopefully that works out for you.

Fixed that for you, JP!   ;)

JasonPratt

^ Also related to what Rommel knew about Canada?  ^-^
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!