We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_

Started by JasonPratt, May 10, 2018, 08:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

It's a me, Super Mario Bros pitch meeting!

BTW, it is canon that their surname is also Mario. That's why they are called the Mario brothers.

airboy

^ Another movie I did not see where the plot description sounds like an illiterate idiot took an acid trip.

JasonPratt

I feel like the words "I just, I just don't care," were really important for this movie's creation.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

Ohh my god, I don't care, I do not...  I DON'T care.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tpek

Quote from: airboy on February 02, 2020, 10:18:02 PM
^ Another movie I did not see where the plot description sounds like an illiterate idiot took an acid trip.

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything. It was a really crappy movie.
I've watched it 2-3 times and the only good thing I can say about it is that it was very forgettable for me.

JasonPratt

"Well, that's a thing I learned from the writers of Game of Thrones: characters can just forget about massive threats they knew about moments before."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tpek

Tpek

JasonPratt

"............{lonnnng pause as face falls}....... somebody better die for this."

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 09, 2020, 04:08:00 PM

"............{lonnnng pause as face falls}....... somebody better die for this."

"Hard for me to ruin without a love interest."

Still, Dog Wick is better!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGpZ9xaQLYQ

al_infierno

LOL, that was hilarious - thanks for the link AB ;)

I do gotta say, after Dog Wick talked on the phone I was expecting the exchange:

"What did he say?"

"Enough."
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

JasonPratt

Note 1: Dog Wick made before JW2.

Note 2: JW3 essentially features Dog(s) Wick during an extended sequence. (Though not JW's dog.)

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 09, 2020, 07:38:27 PM
Note 1: Dog Wick made before JW2.

Note 2: JW3 essentially features Dog(s) Wick during an extended sequence. (Though not JW's dog.)

The Dog Fu in JW3 was the highlight of the movie.  Those scenes were the best action scenes with a dog ever filmed!

Tpek

ROFLMO!  :D

"You killed John Wick's Dog's Human!"
"No law says dogs can't shoot people."

Now this is what they should make instead of Matrix 4 and JW4.

airboy