The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Apparently the words class and professionalism aren't part of Cam's vocabulary.  Should have attempted your own fumble loser, when your team still had a chance to win. 

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton admitted he's a "sore loser'' in defending how he handled himself with the media after Sunday's loss to Denver in Super Bowl 50.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14745754/super-bowl-50-cam-newton-carolina-panthers-defends-walking-reporters

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on February 11, 2016, 02:33:13 PMShould have attempted your own fumble loser

We'll talk about this one later.  He made a lot of shitty decisions in the game, but this one I think is actually defensible.  I'll explain over a beer one day.  Maybe at Origins?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

I'm hoping to make Origins, but I'd rather talk about how I'm a loser after a few board games.

airboy

Wish the Panthers had won.

Looked like the Denver defense won the game.  The Denver defense was in the Panther backfield the entire game.  Panther receivers could not beat Denver in man-to-man coverage which speaks volumes about the quality of their receivers.

I hardly got to see any of the game - I spent 10 hours traveling that Sunday.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: airboy on February 11, 2016, 05:34:25 PM
Wish the Panthers had won.

Looked like the Denver defense won the game.  The Denver defense was in the Panther backfield the entire game.  Panther receivers could not beat Denver in man-to-man coverage which speaks volumes about the quality of their receivers.

I hardly got to see any of the game - I spent 10 hours traveling that Sunday.

Ted Ginn was their #1 receiver. TED GINN. In the year 2016.

For the record, I have no problem with Newton being glum in post-game interviews. He SHOULD be down after losing that game. What I have an issue with is the tantrums he was throwing on the field in the 4th quarter. Dude, have some dignity.