Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

It's the games we grew up on - but for me it's hard to ever go home again :(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

smittyohio

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2020, 01:53:31 PM
It's the games we grew up on - but for me it's hard to ever go home again :(

Agree... the only one that looks somewhat playable is Gunship.

Gusington

^One of my all time favorites, on the C64. Here's to hoping that newly invigorated Microprose can create a new generation of Gunship!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

That doesn't seem like the original Gunship...graphics are way more modern than what I remember.
Insert witty comment here.

steve58

Quote from: jamus34 on May 25, 2020, 04:05:52 PM
That doesn't seem like the original Gunship...graphics are way more modern than what I remember.

Gunship 2000 followed Gunship.  Then there was Gunship!.  Note the !  :coolsmiley:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunship_(video_game)

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

Gunship 2000 was probably my favorite of the three.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Man I'd love to get into Pacific Air War.  But my eyes.

There used to be a pretty strong modding community for that on SimHQ.  I haven't been on there in a long time, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

SirAndrewD

I mean, I played every one of those till my eyes bled. 

But now just looking at them makes my eyes bleed.  Gus is right, you can't go home again. 

All this does is make me wish there was a Gunship 2020 available.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

I thought Gunship! was the original 1980s version I fell so in love with when I was 12, and the newer version was Gunship 2000...

...whatever a Gunship 2020 is sorely needed!!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Yeah, I never played Gunship.  It was one of those Microprose classics I missed. 

I missed F15 Strike Eagle too. 

I put a ton of time into F19 and Gunship 2000.   Gunship 2000 was incredible, I liked it a lot more than even the Jane's Longbow games.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

F19 I loved too. IIRC it came out a few years after Gunship.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Yep, and F15 Strike Eagle. 

My first sim was actually Strike Fleet from Lucasfilm Games so named at the time. 

I got F19 and Battlehawks 1942 shortly after. 

Gusington

I loved Battlehawks too, and a site favorite here, Their Finest Hour. I don't think we'll see games like that again.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Yep, I did BoB Their Finest Hour and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe. 

And I'm not sure why we don't see games like that again.