Combat mission fortress Italy - Rome to victory

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 29, 2019, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 02, 2019, 12:35:45 PM

If that's the way you want to do it, I would suggest a link to that discussion in the shipping confirmation. I understand that is an automated process, but it would just be a short addition. "Battlefront.com is committed to improving your customer experience. Our new product activation process is designed to save the end user time and frustration. For details on installing your new module/patch/upgrade, please see the discussion at the following URL:"

I don't disagree with this but the emails generated by the system are not product specific. So, there is no way add instructions to emails for individual products. The same confirmation email is sent if you ordered R2V or the CMRT base game. That said, previous emails that did not have download links do have the wording "there is no download for this purchase", as someone else mentioned seeing in an earlier order. This was my first rodeo so there may have been a box I didn't check off that would have added that line to the confirmation email.   

RE:pre-orders. There is not the same advantage to them that there used to be, for sure. The only 2 that I can think of are, as you mentioned, you kinda "set it and forget". When it's out you'll get the notification and get a few hour jump on getting it. My Eagles season tickets are a little similar....They are completely paid for in June so when football season rolls around all I have to do is go to the games and leave crying. The other advantage, at least in this case, is that unlike the confirmation emails generated by the store, the pre-order notification emails are specific to the title. They contained links, detailed installation and activation instructions.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Michael Dorosh

I wish this forum had a Like feature, then I could just acknowledge the last two posts and not waste everyone's time with one of my typically lengthy, over-engineered replies.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 02, 2019, 04:32:13 PM
I wish this forum had a Like feature, then I could just acknowledge the last two posts and not waste everyone's time with one of my typically lengthy, over-engineered replies.
All you have to do is quote it and say, "+1".
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Elvis

For what it's worth, I have added a download link to the back end for purchases of R2V and the R2V/Gustav Line bundle. I will likely remove it after a month or 2.

(Edit to add....Anyone who already purchased the module should also see the download link now in their account...not that they need it now...but it should be there)

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Elvis on December 02, 2019, 05:09:59 PM
For what it's worth, I have added a download link to the back end for purchases of R2V and the R2V/Gustav Line bundle. I will likely remove it after a month or 2.

(Edit to add....Anyone who already purchased the module should also see the download link now in their account...not that they need it now...but it should be there)

If I were to post +1 I think Jarhead would think I was being a smartass and yell at me again.

Not that he'd be wrong.

So I'll just say thanks.

Yskonyn

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 02, 2019, 12:40:57 PM
(...) being surprised six months after I preorder by a hit on my credit card, which has happened for example with ASL stuff I forgot I ordered.

^THIS!  :hide: :2funny:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Elvis on December 02, 2019, 12:57:17 PM
My Eagles season tickets are a little similar....They are completely paid for in June so when football season rolls around all I have to do is go to the games and leave crying.

Your boys actually showed up for Monday Night Football tonight. Well, in the second half, but nonetheless, showed up eventually.

Skoop

Ya, but that was the Giants they were playing.  I don't know if I'd call that showing up against the 2 and 10 Giants.  They just finally started doing their jobs in the second half and kept from getting embarrassed by a 2n10 team.  Showing up will be winning out the rest of the season and making the playoffs.

Elvis

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 09, 2019, 11:12:38 PM
Quote from: Elvis on December 02, 2019, 12:57:17 PM
My Eagles season tickets are a little similar....They are completely paid for in June so when football season rolls around all I have to do is go to the games and leave crying.

Your boys actually showed up for Monday Night Football tonight. Well, in the second half, but nonetheless, showed up eventually.

I almost left in the 3rd quarter. I'm glad that I didn't....although the weather was brutal in the 4th.

MOS:96B2P

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Elvis

Something came up the other day.......It appears that the installer for the CMFI 2.10 patch did not include all of the Master Maps. If someone used the full game installer then they have all of the maps.

The 4 missing maps are all pretty awesome Monte Cassino maps. Here is a direct link to the maps for anyone interested:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-sd454c2776604c928

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Elvis on December 23, 2019, 02:35:11 PM
Something came up the other day.......It appears that the installer for the CMFI 2.10 patch did not include all of the Master Maps. If someone used the full game installer then they have all of the maps.

The 4 missing maps are all pretty awesome Monte Cassino maps. Here is a direct link to the maps for anyone interested:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-sd454c2776604c928

Do you recall who did these maps?