Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Started by Huw the Poo, September 08, 2019, 06:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 16, 2019, 07:08:28 PM
I already know every reviewer universally hates it, which hasn't matched my experience so no use anymore.

Same here.  Besides, I've already bought the game so no point watching reviews!  I'm up to GS80 now, still going strong!  O0

Grim.Reaper

So little embarrassed.....noticed UBI having pretty decent sale on division 2, plus had 20% off....ended up buying Divisions 2 for like $20.......after I have said in the past that I don't think I could have liked that game because of the bullet sponge, kind of hooked:)  So far has been a blast to play and actually have been enjoying it.  Now that I have played that and Ghost recon, I know they have some similarities but they really do feel like two different games to me and serve different purposes.  In Ghost I am far more cautious but in Division I just simply blast things.  Both give me very good entertainment, although Division feels much harder as a single player but really like the turrets and drones that can help out.  Without them, I wouldn't have made it past many of the missions.

Huw the Poo

Well said.  Yeah, I used this free trial weekend to introduce my friends to The Division 2 and they all got hooked.  We're all buying our copies today. O0

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 20, 2019, 07:44:20 AM
Well said.  Yeah, I used this free trial weekend to introduce my friends to The Division 2 and they all got hooked.  We're all buying our copies today. O0

I was a little surprised how cheap it was already....could have bought the standard for $16, but opted for the version that includes the season one pass, so a little more.

Dammit Carl!

Gear up and fight some Terminators, boyos, in the current Live event going on now.

Gotta say that I just had a whale of a time on a recent mission where two of those bastards just showed up.  Hard to be a sneaky snake when they just walk in and start blasting everyone - wound up having to run around like mad dodging them and dodging Sentinel troops at the same time. Tremendous fun.

Jarhead0331

AI teammates coming in mid-July. Finally.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Wait, so you can have both Terminators AND Predators in this game.

.........I feel like maybe they should have led with this.  :o

(I've owned Breakpoint since shortly after release, just never got back around to playing it after upgrading my card to be able to.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Today is the day for the teammate patch.....downloading now.  For the PC version it's about a 16.8 GB patch.

al_infierno

So with a good year ish of post-launch support, how does this one compare to Wildlands?  Worth picking up for some more third person tactical shootery?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

Speak of the devil, 75% off Ghost Recon Breakpoint for the next 12 hours!  $15 for the base game or $30 for ultimate.  Definitely grabbing this one!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Yskonyn

Been eyeing this one, but I have so many other cool games to play that I think this will just end up in oblivion for me.
Heard good and bad things about it, so I am interested to hear your take on it.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Dammit Carl!

Personally, I enjoyed the game but once I cleared the main mission, the "faction," stuff just didn't thrill me as much. 

Like how they've continued to tinker with the game as well as including A.I. team mates now (but I'm a rugged loner who don't cotton to all that "team shit," anyway).  Coolest bit, iirc, is that you can toggle on or off Terminator activity on the island rather than have to wait for a game specific event to include them.

demjansk1942

Good game and for me the ai was good

Jarhead0331

Finally...optical camo arrives. There is a lot of new content in this update, but the optical camo is all I really care about.  :crazy2:

Update hits November 2.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

demjansk1942

Is this a free dlc or something we buy?

Thanks