Main Menu

FRIDAY Love Song

Started by Martok, June 05, 2020, 09:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Still one of my favorite songs to listen to while driving/road-tripping. 

Gaming-wise, I'm feeling torn.  I really want to play more of Prince Imrik campaign in Warhammer II.  However, the Command & Conquer: Remastered Edition is out today, and of course Shadow Empire beckons.  Argh! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

twitter3

Good song choice.

I'm plugging away in my first attempt at Wars of Succession as Sweden. It is 1705 and I am knee deep in Poland right now.

GroggyGrognard

Great song pic. Triggers my nostalgia of being a 20 something in the 90's. It is definitely the season for road-tripping.

Shadow Empire definitely beckons me this weekend. Also, some Shellshock Live and maybe The Division 2.

And looking at buying Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal today, but probably won't have time to check it out.

Have a great weekend, Grogs!

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

W8taminute

Shadow Empire is calling my name as well. 

I've got a great PBEM going on in Dominions 5 with a few guys from here.  I have to admit though (and I know some of my opponents may see this) that in this particular match I've never been so confused/torn as to what to do next.  There are some pretty clear choices to be made however there are some honor bound decisions that are there too. 

Warhammer 40K: Gladius is also on my list of games to play.

And then there is my Kenworth K100E from the 1980's that I want to drive in American Truck Simulator.  Cab Overs rule over Curb Huggers boys!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Myrmidon

Will probably continue getting trashed in the Grogheads Dominions 5 MP game.  Good times, and quite the learning experience.  The diplomacy and psychology of real people managing nations is just as integral to the game as the actual mechanics. 

Will continue rolling with the Tortoise in World of Tanks, and maybe get an Athens game going in EU:Imperator.

Also, watching with interest the chatter about Shadow Empires.  I really shouldn't even be contemplating adding another game to an already huge library of unplayed games.  Nevertheless, the temptation is there.   

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: W8taminute on June 05, 2020, 11:01:00 AM
And then there is my Kenworth K100E from the 1980's that I want to drive in American Truck Simulator.  Cab Overs rule over Curb Huggers boys!

Spent many an hour in Dad's work rides way back when and all were cab overs.  Wasn't until the end of his driving time that he got long nosed models from his bosses.  All the feels for those things.

Plenty of boxes came in during the week, so its yet another weekend of putting things up/taking things out in the house.  If time permits, then it's off to the races (literally) via Wreckfest and maybe Dirt Rally 2.0.

Vroom! Vroom!

Gusington

A little burnt out on everything right now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Black Robin

Sir Slash

I'm wanting to go back to Skyrim but just can't get excited about the game anymore. So I was thinking of trying-out the Enderal Mod for it. Anybody tried it lately? How much combat is there? Or is it just a cerebral thing?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Excellent song   :notworthy:

I would like to continue my economic campaign of Port Royale 3. I will also pursue my game of Horizon, still one of my favorite 4x games of the last few years...really has this one more turn effect for me....ended playing until 1 am the other day despite being very tired. And i think i'll start the American campaign in Empire: Total War on hard.

al_infierno

Quote from: Myrmidon on June 05, 2020, 11:10:44 AM
Will probably continue getting trashed in the Grogheads Dominions 5 MP game.  Good times, and quite the learning experience.  The diplomacy and psychology of real people managing nations is just as integral to the game as the actual mechanics. 

I'm right there with ya bud.  I'm currently attempting to stave off defeat by hordes of Agarthan shard guards and magma children.  I've done a bit of damage to solops' invasion stack, but managed to lose every battle along the way.  Now there's another big doomstack on the horizon...   :hide:

Aside from that, this weekend it's gonna be:

• Shadow Empire
  • Shadow Empire
  • Shadow Empire
  • oh, and maybe a little Shadow Empire?

To paraphrase my comment in the other thread, this game's world generation is fucking insane.  I'm currently playing on a planet that has 7-meter long advanced vertebrate super-crabs with massive jaws, and also some winged "maxilobsters" too for good measure.  Haven't caught sight of any of these magnificent beasts in the first 4-5 turns, but I'd say later is better.   :-\
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on June 05, 2020, 10:00:44 AM

And looking at buying Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal today, but probably won't have time to check it out.

Me too.  And looking at CLoD (since the Tobruk expansion might be out some day):

-budd-

PBEM turns and a whole lot of Shadow Empire, also been running and gunning in Doom Project Brutality 3.0 beta , official release for Project Brutality 3.0 is supposed to be soon.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

MetalDog

If I didn't know any better, I would say you guys are being paid to advertise Shadow Empires.  All the talk is making me curious.  For the meantime, I will continue my M2TW Short Campaign as England.  When I left off last night, the Holy Roman Emperor had been excommunicated, again, and I steamrolled Hamburg, Magdeburg, and the Imperial capitol, Frankfurt.  All the while, he was gathering Cardinals in Rome and when Pope Zappa (I shit you not) died, a new Imperial Pope was elected (he's got 5 Cardinals), Pope Villanus (I shit you not again).  He promptly bade me cease operations against the Emperor or risk Excommunication AND an Inquisition.  Just as the Ceasefire was set to expire, France, who is my other objective to completing the Short Campaign, declared war on ME!  How GREAT!!!!  Just so happens that the second coming of Alexander (6 Command stars and never been in battle (yet)) is my commander and sits outside Caen, poised to blitzkrieg Paris or Rheims.  I am going to make him pay!

I will also be trying my fortunes in Magic the Gathering:Arena.  I haven't played the last two days as I was getting my ass handed to me 8 or 9 times out of 10.  Using decks that I had won many matches with over time.  So, I essentially rage quit and cooled off.  But its allure is strong and I must obey.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

I played Enderal a couple of years ago and enjoyed it a lot, Slash...but the combat was purely secondary to the storytelling.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd