Reaper Minis - at it again

Started by bayonetbrant, September 22, 2014, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

4 days left on the Kickstarter

here's what you get for $100 (so far...)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

I bought a single from that line this summer.

Actually, I didn't like the material it was made from. Difficult to file. Not too much fun to paint. I'd rather have minis made from traditional material.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jack Nastyface

Are they made from the soft-ish plastic they use for their "bones" minis?  If so, I concur....I bought a bones red dragon for my daughter, and it's way too bendy.  Metal or hard plastic I am good with...
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

LongBlade

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on September 22, 2014, 10:59:54 PM
Are they made from the soft-ish plastic they use for their "bones" minis?  If so, I concur....I bought a bones red dragon for my daughter, and it's way too bendy.  Metal or hard plastic I am good with...

AFAIK the answer is yes. They're incredibly cheap, but not worth it IMHO.

Nefaro

I'm guessing these are generally meant for the recent re-release of Battletech?

Agreed.. that soft bendy plastic stuff is crap.  A hundered dollars, even for so many, wouldn't be enticing.  :knuppel2:

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on September 23, 2014, 04:47:17 AM
Agreed.. that soft bendy plastic stuff is crap.  A hundered dollars, even for so many, wouldn't be enticing.  :knuppel2:

+1 I'm really glad I didn't pony up for any of the kickstarters they did.