The VelociPastor - A Truly Unique Movie Experience

Started by airboy, March 09, 2020, 11:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

The wife and I watched The VelociPastor on Amazon Prime last night.  This one hour and ten minute movie was "highly entertaining."

A Pastor sees his parents die in a car explosion and becomes depressed.  He travels to China to gain perspective and reflection and gains a strange artifact from a dying Chinese girl whose last words he does not understand.  He then gains the power to become a Velociraptor - and saves a Prostitute who becomes his friend.  He must struggle with the age old dilemma - is it bad to murder evil people as a dinosaur?  The plot becomes stranger when the Ninjas appear.

The trailer can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nyb0GqAjKM

We enjoyed it as a MST3K experience in batshit crazy, low budget horror comedy.  We found it laugh out loud funny at multiple points.  Don't expect high production values or skimping on fake blood.

Tpek

Thanks for the info, sounds amazing.

Gotta love those so-horrible-they're-good movies.

solops

Cool. This is the type of inventive, deep and introspective film that has been absent since the great films of the 1950s such as "Plan 9 Fom Outer Space" and "Prehistoric Women".
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

DoctorQuest

Let's not forget the precision historical drama that is "One Million Years B.C".
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Tpek

Quote from: solops on March 09, 2020, 06:02:40 PM
Cool. This is the type of inventive, deep and introspective film that has been absent since the great films of the 1950s such as "Plan 9 Fom Outer Space" and "Prehistoric Women".

Yeah, because modern films like Rise of Skywalker are such masterpieces :P

JasonPratt

....so this is Mighty Morphing Pastor Rangers, but with only one Ranger?

White or black Ranger?  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

We need a thread on batshit movies.  My wife and I have seen a lot over the years.

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

One word: MITCHELL! If you are a MST3K fan, you know.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

...but why would anyone want to do that with Mitchell?!!?  :hide: :timeout: :wow:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on March 11, 2020, 01:40:08 PM
One word: MITCHELL! If you are a MST3K fan, you know.
And today, 3M is a vibrant company!  Combining innovation, effective risk management, and marketing.  3M! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces