Mobile Games for Android

Started by Capn Darwin, February 13, 2012, 12:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capn Darwin

Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

LongBlade

Well, when are you going to create one? I haven't found any killer games for my phone or Kindle Fire that I can't live without.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Capn Darwin

Did find one good Android game today. "Hey, that's my fish!" Fun game. Cutthroat action. Highly recommended.

0kult13

small general
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/?page_id=289
best way to discribe it is advance tactics lite, runs solid and you have to really work for a victory

uniwar
http://www.androidstrategygames.com/uniwar/
nice graphic and really well polished

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Capn Darwin on February 13, 2012, 06:08:36 PM
Did find one good Android game today. "Hey, that's my fish!" Fun game. Cutthroat action. Highly recommended.

It is an adaptation of a boardgame by Fantasy Flight Games. Also available for iOS. Check to see if Android has Elder Sign, Ingenious, and the Arkham Horror Toolkit. All these are from Fantasy Flight Games, and are on the iOS, but I don't know if they put them up for Android quite yet.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

I looked about a week ago for games with Cthulhu in them. No dice, though it may take more time for iOS games to hit the Android market.

0kult13

Elder sign omens is on Android, its really good and hard to beat, can't wait for neuroshima hex tho

LongBlade

bayonetbrant

I need a good Civ-Lite game for the 'Droid.

Preferably a free one
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Capn Darwin

I'm also playing a beta wargame called German Eagle vs Russian Bear. Not a lot of flash but at least it is a wargame. The outfit (DK Simulations) has done a couple others too.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Capn Darwin

Brant,

Same folks how did Eagle and Bear that I'm playing. No graphics flash, but a decent game. Brings back memories of those old SSI games on the C64 back in the day. I would try German Eagle and Russian Bear first since the beta is free to see if you like the style. Then get the others if the topic is cool.  8)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 16, 2012, 11:55:26 AM

Preferably a free one

would still love some recommendations :)

bayonetbrant

Anyone used PhoneGap to convert HTML to mobile apps?

Just curious how it's worked...

son_of_montfort

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 28, 2012, 10:37:52 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 16, 2012, 11:55:26 AM

Preferably a free one

would still love some recommendations :)

Do they have Civilization Revolutions on the Droid? Not free, but very very good (basically a cross between Civ 2 and 4 on the phone).
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert