Deity Empires on Sale at Steam

Started by airboy, May 13, 2019, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: solops on June 07, 2019, 05:46:41 PM
This game got its hooks into me. I have played nothing else for about two weeks, other than co-op Rome2 with my son. I tried the hi-res graphics but found that I like the stock graphics better.

Yeah those high res graphics contrast badly with the rest of the game to the point where it's difficult to tell what those units are supposed to be.  I kept the high res terrain graphics though and reverted to the stock unit graphics.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bobarossa

Well I've played about 3 games of this now and although I really like the game design, the AI seems brain dead.  I approached two enemy ciities with moderate size armies in them.  Instead of combining them against me  (combined they were about my strength), they sat there and let me destroy each one in turn.  Then they sent two very weak armies through a portal and let me destroy them too.  Anyone else notice this?

Not sure I want to try to even it out by giving the AI big bonuses since crushing tons of weak armies does not seem fun to me.  I've also seen almost no advanced units in the AI armies.

Tuna

There doesn't seem to be any diplomacy, peace is not an option.

bobarossa

Yea, I haven't been able to figure out if I can ally with another faction of the same alignment.

FarAway Sooner

Honestly, I'd rather see a bare-bones Diplomacy system like currently exists, rather than a more complicated one that has all the limitations of virtually every other Diplomacy system I have yet to encounter.  It's not great, but for an indie developer building a niche game, I'd rather see them work on trying to build out other parts of the game for now (e.g., enriching the "flavor" of different schools of magic, or providing more transparency in the UI).

I've been playing it for two weeks now, and I've got to say, I am REALLY impressed.  What seems like a fairly simple game with a tough UI is turning out to be a delightfully nuanced game with layer after layer of complexity.

This gem is still in the process of being polished up, but the devs are continuing to release updates on a regular basis (e.g., every few weeks), and those updates consist of new content as well as bug fixes and balance tweaks.
This little gem is still being polished up, but for anybody who's a fan of the 4x genre, supporting this game should be a no-brainer.

With a more polished UI and a few tweaks to the AI, this one could be an all-time classic.  As is, it's just a dang fine game for $25!!

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tanaka

Love this game some great new updates after the Devs had some issues to deal with. I've never seen such responsive devs to player input than I have with this gem. Just keeps getting better!

FarAway Sooner

It is a great, deep, deep game.

I'd love it if they switched over to working on some DLC (maybe featuring a significantly expanded spell selection, with more variation in the way different magic schools play, and certain spells that combine multiple schools of magic).  I don't care so much whether it's a major DLC or a minor DLC.  I love the free add-ons.  I just want them making enough money that they can continue to plow efforts into this.

bobarossa

When I played it shortly after it came out, the tactical AI was brain dead.  This ruined it for me as battles weren't fun when they could have been.  I would start each battle by moving my forces towards which side edge had the closest enemey.  The AI would send it's units against me as fast as possible resulting in their destruction a few at a time.  When I attacked a city with superior numbers, the AI would send their weak units out to die when they should have pulled them back to their towers and waited for me to advance.  Then they could have met me after my troops had been whittled down by arrow fire from the towers. 

Did any of the patches change this?