GROGHEADS RUNNING SUPER BOWL THREAD

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2016, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Running discussion?  Drop it here!

Passing discussion?  Here, too!

Cheerleader discussion?  Here, or maybe in the Lingerie Channel, if it's more appropriate.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

To start with, here's a few bingo cards for you

sorry, may not be valid overseas...

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

KyzBP

So far I've noticed that Lynn Swan looks old and both John Riggins and Jim Plunket look like they could still play.

BanzaiCat

I only just now switched the TV to the channel the SB is on...and of course, commercials. And commercials for the last 8 minutes or so.

I've managed to avoid even glancing at their marathon pre-game show and finding out what the keys to success are (hint: scoring more points than the other guy. There! I'm an NFL analyst. Where's my $100,000 per year?!? :P)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

KyzBP

Quote from: mirth on February 07, 2016, 06:22:39 PM
I'd start Jerry Rice.
Steve Young looks like he could still throw to him.  Phil Sims looked stiff.  You can tell most of the 50 MVP's are still dealing with the punishment a life of Football brings.

Btw, I thought Lady Gaga did alright on the Anthem.  I expected much worse.

BanzaiCat

Those are the stupidest f*cking commercials I've ever seen.

You'd think if you're going to drop 5 million for 20 seconds you would have the resources to come up with something more creative than this shit.

KyzBP

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 07, 2016, 06:53:39 PM
Those are the stupidest f*cking commercials I've ever seen.

You'd think if you're going to drop 5 million for 20 seconds you would have the resources to come up with something more creative than this shit.
So far they suck, although I kinda liked the Avocado commercial.  "Does anyone want to feed Scott Baio?"

BanzaiCat

That one was kind of dumb, though. Scott Baio? I'm all about esoteric pop culture references, but there's got to be somebody more creative than that.

PUPPY MONKEY BABY. W. T. F.

BanzaiCat

40 minutes later. 8 minutes of game.

The NFL is the mother of all whores.

BanzaiCat

Anyone going to stick around for the estrogen fest they set up for halftime?  ::)

KyzBP

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 07, 2016, 07:05:06 PM
40 minutes later. 8 minutes of game.

The NFL is the mother of all whores.

Yeah, I laughed at that. :2funny:

KyzBP

To this day this is my favorite Super Bowl commercial:

Sorry about the quality but it's worth the watch.

BanzaiCat

Cam looks like crap so far. It's shaping up to be another 55-10 Super Bowl.

mirth

I watched 5 minutes of the opening stuff and had enough. The NFL can suck it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus