Tabletop Simulator Early access

Started by Staggerwing, April 19, 2014, 06:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 22, 2015, 09:30:02 AM
What's the 4-pack all about? Can you give the extra three copies to friends later on?

Yes.

Many of the multi-player oriented Steam games offer 4-packs for this reason.

Nefaro

Quote from: GJK on March 22, 2015, 08:50:04 AM
I haven't tried it since my last "table flipping" episode but I'll give it another look later today. 

I think that it would work well for a miniatures game.  Unless it's changed, playing a card game with it was fiddly as all hell meaning that it was an exercise in click control to get cards to stack, shuffle and dealt.  I couldn't imagine playing a game that had lots of pieces or counters (especially stacked).

Thus far I've also seen modules for Fields Of Fire, Up Front, and other solitaire games, besides the multi-player ones.

I mainly picked it up looking for 3+ player games that can progress fairly quickly like Chaos In The Old World and Dead Of Winter

bbmike

Hmm, any Star Fleet Battles miniatures stuff?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on March 22, 2015, 03:07:09 PM
Hmm, any Star Fleet Battles miniatures stuff?

Not that I found. 

Funny, though.  I was thinking to myself that getting some Federation Commander (the newer more streamlined version of SFB) counters done, and using one of the hex maps people have already put up, would be a start for such a thing.  I imagine there could be some issue taken with putting up the ship diagrams, which would be needed however.  Same could be said for many other low cardboard count hex & counter games such as Blue Max.

Looks to be a flexible medium since all you have to do is drag stuff with your mouse - as long as you can use the needed component images for the game of choice.