We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_

Started by JasonPratt, May 10, 2018, 08:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I don't know what I'm going to do if JW4 segues into being a prequel for M4. Applaud or headdesk...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

"We then cut to ALAN GRANT, remember him from the first movie?" "Y' I do, he was in the first movie!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

"Yeah, they'd better, so then they do!"

"Wow wow ... ...... wow."

Tpek

FF4 Rise of the Silver Surfer was such a terrible movie, though at least better than the 2014 reboot of FF4.

JasonPratt

"So, is he like that in the book?" "I, uh, maybe, I dunno, I didn't read them." "You didn't read them!?" "Well, I looked through them, but, y'know, they're filled with.... with words!" "Oh, well, I didn't realize that." "We're talkin' a lot of words, sir! Hundreds, maybe thousands!"

JasonPratt

"...and obviously, we have to see more duck boobs along the way." "But why tho."  :hide:

Tpek

When the guy who made Star Wars (George Lucas) is hired to make a Marvel superheroes film....  :))

JasonPratt

"Wow, that's a lot of characters; are we gonna have for character development--?" "Nononono no."

JasonPratt

"So she had armed men burst into the room where here daughter was supposed to be, and just start shooting?" "That's right! -- she's not very... she's... she's actually the worst."

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 12, 2020, 05:29:20 PM

"So she had armed men burst into the room where here daughter was supposed to be, and just start shooting?" "That's right! -- she's not very... she's... she's actually the worst."

My review from June, 2019
"We saw Godzilla this evening.

This is a perfect MST3K movie - a monster movie with an incoherent plot.  But all of these monster movies have incoherent plots.

Watch this at home when you can drink beers and play MST3K with your family.  Watching it this way would make it a solid B movie on an A-F scale.

The only way to explain the plot is the old telephone game.  Somebody wrote a plot.  They then read it out loud, fast, to another person who typed what they heard with inadequate typing speed.  This was repeated 4 to 5 times each time with a new person.

Monster special effects were well done. 

Godzilla can seemingly go "boom."  There is "good radiation" that renews the earth which is not "bad radiation" which is made by man and hurts the earth.  Unless the "bad radiation" is used to renew Godzilla where the "bad radiation is used to revive a good monster."  Some of the titans are from Earth and are "natural monsters" and thus "good," while other monsters came from off of the Earth and are "not natural" which is of course bad.   Boss monsters from terrestrial or nonterrestrial sources can command other monsters regardless of their origin.  Think the head school bully of a reform school of idiots.   

I could critique the actions of the humans, but that becomes so silly that you will think I'm making things up.  I'm predicting rentals will be better in States with legal marijuana."

Pitch meeting got into the actions of the humans - which was so unbelievable they seem to be making it up.

JasonPratt

The plot was much better than G14, however, which I wrote a whole tome on the inanities of.

Much of the wtfery of this plot can be waved off as literal grief-stricken insanity from two characters (and another two trying to deal with one of those two), including the aforementioned quip.

I'm pretty sure the good/bad radiation distinction, is supposed to be a reference to early 20th century "vitalism" and its connection to some Eastern philosophy/religions, which at the time was proposed as an explanation for the way mutation works. The kaiju / titans can work with either kind, though the destructive kind makes the Titans themselves scarred and destructive. It isn't far off Lucas' notion(s) of the Force.

Ghidora goes straight for its original notion of a gravity monster (the 'lightning' being gravity beams), capable of terraforming planets and sucking them dry. He and the other kaiju are theorized to be related somehow (despite Ghidora being described as an invasive species). Supposedly the next film will be working toward the origins of the Titans. (The recent Godzilla anime trilogy takes Ghidora reaaallly far along the 'gravity-monster' notion, btw, reaching like an Elder Abomination into our universe through black holes and causing time-space gravity floofery.)

There's a spiritual element to the Titans, represented most strongly by Mothra, which is why her spirit shows up at the end to help punch out Ghidora with nuclear-pulse punches. ;) (Godzilla has been established in Toho films as being able to do this sometimes, particularly in the second series known as the Heisei era. This leads to the Burning Godzilla form, too.)

JasonPratt

"Finn, uh huh, I don't, I don't get i-OH FIN, THAT'S WHAT A SHARK HAS!" "That's what a shark has!" "Wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow..."

airboy

Martok - DON'T WATCH THIS!!!!!!!  YOU WERE WARNED!!!!!!!

STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airboy

"Seriously," this is the modern Ed Wood with Tara Reid.