Well, this looks ridiculous

-ly amazing

Cooperative u-boat game for 1-4.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/219100/uboot-board-game

http://uboottheboardgame.com/gallery-4.html

Apparently going KS in January.

Barthheart

Yeah I've been watching this for a while.  :D
MikeGer got to see the game at Essen this year.

Watch the vids they posted at BGG... this looks to be epic!  O0

Cyrano

This will cost a hojillion dollars.

And I will lay waste to those who stand between me and its purchase.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

Quote from: Cyrano on January 01, 2018, 02:37:27 PM
This will cost a hojillion dollars.

And I will lay waste to those who stand between me and its purchase.

What he said. I'll pay any price....

Barthheart

Kickstarter preview page is up:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phalanxgames/826770165?ref=amdknm&token=7c8a9f98

Looks to be about $110 CDN.... steep but I think it will be worth it. Lots in it for the price.

Barthheart

Cyrano

I don't have a box this game doesn't check.

O.K....Napoleon seems to appear nowhere, so there's that.

Otherwise...

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JudgeDredd

I really like the sound of it. The price (£60) is superb. Unfortunately, I don't have 3 friends  :'(  Well...3 friends that a) are close enough to turn up for a wargaming session and b) who would even want to come within 50 miles of a boardgame.

I know it plays solo - but from the write up, it does sound best with 4 players. If my daughter would play, you might even get away with a 2 player game - but I know she wouldn't be interested in the subject.

So - poor me  :'(
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Quote from: Barthheart on January 03, 2018, 09:25:14 AM
Good write-up by first time player:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1911917/first-contact-uboot-board-game

This report is spot on!
and saves me a longer and surly not so good formulated write-up ^-^

I played 45 min as first officer (the phone App operator) at the Spiel.... we leaving the harbor to go on Feindfahrt and navigate to a position and patrol until the first contacts and closing in to chase.

if you can somehow assemble 3 friends in the mood nearby (or all drive to a city with a cheap but decent hotel in the middle for all participants) and are able to get all RL interdictions out of the way for that eve. (put away the cellulars!)  i reckon it can be very immersive. its a simulation and it can put real stress on you, almost like work.
also this is not a "we all build a chair-circle and discus the solutions"-game, the captain calls the shots (all shots) and the officers have to get it done asap ..somehow with the always spare and sparer resources   

the app permanently generate events where crew member have to be dispatched to help with maintenance or repair and so missing on the lookout or other duties  (i found the rate of failures on a normal non-submerged sail and not in combat a little high and made-up for the game purpose, but that was in October and so just a Alpha version of the game, ...  i am sure the developers honed a lot in the meantime)

i didn't saw a day night circle in the app generated VR of the tower and periscope ... i only saw the day version, and you literally turn your head and body around with the phone as binocular to check the horizon to see 'a dot' in the direction where the look-outs had announced a contact and then switch to a 7x magnification to identify the sightings...

what was not in the game in October (i asked that) was using the deck gun for sinking a merchant usually at night, which was a SOP in the early years.

Cyrano

Mike, friend, you are so not helping.

Must now think of other things...

Very old nuns...

Dead kittens...

Mirth streaking Fort Kickass...

Yskonyn

:dreamer: This looks awesome!
I think my wife might give me the  ??? look if I were to buy it, though.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 16, 2018, 03:39:17 AM

Don't you get that look every time you bring anew game into your house?

Yskonyn

Quote from: Barthheart on January 16, 2018, 05:35:46 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on January 16, 2018, 03:39:17 AM

Don't you get that look every time you bring anew game into your house?

Actually nope, she's a boardgame enthousiast as well. She got me Great Western Trail and enjoys it very much herself.   O0
But the military stuff doesn't float her U-Boot, no.
I am looking forward to the look I will get once I show her Bird of Prey.  :2funny:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Yeah, I meant wargames.... not those other play things that belong in a different thread.  >:D

Barthheart

QuoteTHE CAMPAIGN STARTS TOMORROW AT 16:00 UTC! Don't miss the first 24H freebies!

:D