[closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 03, 2016, 01:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

So, will this be a 2v2v2 or humans against AI? Or human teams vs one AI blob or human ffa against AI teams? The options are legion!  L:-)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I'd be fine with six humans on a team vs all remaining AI, maybe divided into roughly equal-size teams.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

I'd be up for another Dominions game.   :bd:

Thought the last one I participated in (Dom 3) ended too prematurely.   :'(  Was the only one I'd been in, so I'm curious to see how an MP game ultimately turns out.

Beowulf

I'd be fine with compstomp as well. I mean all human team vs equal size AI team.
But I'm fine with any of the aforementioned suggestions, if they are the preferred options.

Let's just get the game going :)

JasonPratt

Heck I'd be fine with the other kind of comstomp, with the AI team outnumbering us! (Though I'd rather have multiple AI teams against us and each other.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

Ok ok I hear you guys: the message is to just get on wih it!  8)
I will propose something tomorrow and if you guys like it I will setup Llamaserver right away so we can get on with building our Pretender Gods.

Keep an eye on the original post in this thread.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Original post updated, please report in.

mkivcs

Random nation sounds in the spirit of the game but equally happy to choose if others want too.

JasonPratt

The main problem with a random nation is that players often design pretenders to work with a specific faction.

Not that this will bother me; just pointing it out to remind players of implications: if you choose to go random, build a pretender who can work with anything.

Yskonyn

Hmm thats a good point, Jason.

Better to just choose one. It also prevents you ending up with a water nation.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 22, 2016, 12:01:23 PM
Hmm thats a good point, Jason.

Better to just choose one. It also prevents you ending up with a water nation unbeatable faction whose pretender cannot breathe water.

Fixed.  >:D

JasonPratt

Hm, downloading my Gamersgate copy -- not a Steam code this time. Patches will be manual.  :P

JasonPratt

Okay, are we going with Disciples to a king-pretender, or are we all basically teaming independently (so that we may accidentally incur friendly-fire effects)?

This makes a difference in what kind of pretender we need to make: a pretender; a pretender who will have disciples; or a disciple.

JasonPratt

Yskonyn

We are talking about teaming up and the only way to enforce it in-game is by going Disciple mode.
We can, however, all take a seperate team and all have full-Pretender Gods, but this will mean that the game will treat us as enemies no matter what kind of agreement we make with eachother here on the forum.
If people are new to this, perhaps its best to just team up in-game to avoid fraticide. :)

mkivcs, Beowulf, Nefaro, jamus34 please state your preferred nations, if any.