Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

You aren't Rod Stewart working under another name, are you?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jo B

Quote from: Gusington on November 15, 2019, 09:11:30 AM
You aren't Rod Stewart working under another name, are you?

yes, I saw that. was very inspirating. lots of new deco in the works  :)

Gusington

Hmm you didn't deny that you are indeed Rod Stewart...in that case, welcome to the forum. I love the music you did with Faces and your taste in women is beyond exquisite!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Perhaps he should change the name from, 'Second Front' to, 'Second Life' then. Anyway, I like the new smashed RR Bridges.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jo B

for the record, I am not sailing, and I am not Rod :-)

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

'When someone asks you if you're a god [or Rod Stewart] you say yes!!'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I bet Stewart's Wrecked RR Bridges couldn't come close to Jo B's.

Zulu1966

:D Awesome
Be nice to have something more substantial for road bridge as well ... ie not just the small stone bridge.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jo B

Quote from: Zulu1966 on November 16, 2019, 08:11:56 AM
:D Awesome
Be nice to have something more substantial for road bridge as well ... ie not just the small stone bridge.
yes true. I established a system to have more bridges and will later add wooden bridges.
nevertheless we will now continue on damaged rails and improving the map editor.
To be very clear, the map editor is for to use by players.

rocketman

Quote from: Jo B on November 16, 2019, 07:53:45 AM

Rail Bridges, and Ruins. ::)
I like a lot of what I see in this game. Would it be possible though to make the elevation changes a little bit less dramatic. The height difference between hexes look a bit odd to me.

Jo B

Quote from: rocketman on November 18, 2019, 11:16:27 AM

I like a lot of what I see in this game. Would it be possible though to make the elevation changes a little bit less dramatic. The height difference between hexes look a bit odd to me.

sadly it is not possible to lower the hills. we have a roughly constat one level hight for all building levels and hills.
On a one level hill we need to be positoned one level higher to have a line of sight over a one level obstacle to another one level hill. (flat)
half levels would make the game , and the game play, dramaticaly more complex. there are walls and hedges which are ignored when having
a sight up and down but block when the sight is flat. the trees in the picture have a hight of 2 levels.

the design of hills was a challenge.
we need to find a outline where the top is as big as possible to hold a vehicle and up to 28 soldiers [ 2xLeader + 3x Squads x4 soldeirs) x2 in close combat]
while the maximum angel of the slope is below 60 degrees. (60 degrees is the maximum the soldiers can climb without stairs.)
After 3 or 4 fill experimental test with changing all of the 64 hill tiles for a level. we got to the design as it is now.
the color of hills was also a big challenge. this must be clear from all sides (becasue of the ilumination by the sun light)
and need also be clear when the hill is out of LOS and is set to dark.

Jo B

we now have a connection of roads and streams to the edge of the map. Path are not connected.