Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

In the time honored tradition of "cheesing Mom off," the boy and I have what we call "Crappy Movie Mornings," at least once a week (typically Saturday) this summer.  The premise is simple: 1-2 stars rating and it's on the viewing list!

So far, Big Ass Spider has turned out to be surprisingly funny.  Not so much Zombeavers and Zoombies but at least the horrible CGI and acting make for some good laughs.  Most implausible, and I really hesitate to use that word in light of everything else I've posted so far, is the movie Airlpane vs. Volcano.  It hits all the marks for a vehicle disaster flick, but wooo-whee is it a stinker.  Dean Cain will indeed do anything for a paycheck.

bayonetbrant

you know yesterday Syfy was showing "Sharktopus vs Pteracuda"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

And people ask why I got rid of cable.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

BanzaiCat

F*CKING SHARKNADO 4

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE don't come to Netflix!

airboy

I've watched the first five (of 13) episodes of Jessica Jones

This is a combination murder mystery and superhero series.  Luke Cage runs a bar in this series.

I've FINALLY getting to watch things from the last 6 years since I'm no longer a manager.  Started Daredevil - but Jessica Jones got me hooked.  I'll finish JJ and then go to Daredevil.

bayonetbrant

JJ is f'n' awesome.  The Luke Cage trailer is out now, too
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Benders is a pretty decent comedy. I thought it was about an amateur league hockey team, and it is to an extent, but there's more going on outside the hockey team.

Nefaro

Holy ROFL WTF? 

Buahahahah!!!!      :DD

:bd:

bayonetbrant

Wife and MIL blew thru The Fall (Gillian Anderson as a blonde, w/ a British accent!) and have almost finished Luther.  Enjoyed the heck out of both.

bayonetbrant

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 17, 2017, 11:30:54 AM
this looks interesting

https://www.inverse.com/article/27672-castlevania-netflix-animated-series-premiere-date-r-rated-violent-adult

Wonder if everyone dies within the first 10 minutes.

That's how I remember the original NES Castlevania.  Better be brutal to stay true to the source material!   :))

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've been watching Trapped.  It's a murder mystery TV show set in Iceland and reminds be a bit of Fargo without the dark humour.  Rather enjoying it so far.

The show takes place in a small Icelandic town that relies on fishing and the occasional luxury liner full to tourists who show up to gawk at the local glacier.  Trouble starts when a liner shows up from Denmark at the same time that some fishermen pull a dismembered body out of the drink.  The 3-person local police force who usually have nothing more to cope with than the town drunk find themselves having to deal with a murder while trying to cope with a hostile ship's crew, angry tourists, and an intruding mayor who used to be the town's top cop. 

bayonetbrant

Based on Tim Allen's recommendation, we went looking for it on Netflix here one day, and apparently you can't get it in the US on Netflix :-\

BanzaiCat

I noticed Designated Survivor early this morning...it stars Kiefer Sutherland as the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, selected to go to an undisclosed location while the President delivers the State of the Union to Congress and most cabinet members. The premise is, in the first episode, a terrorist attack on the Capital wipes out the lot, leaving Kiefer's character as President. He really sells the role as a fish-out-of-water guy and the first episode was very enjoyable.

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 20, 2017, 06:05:32 AM
Based on Tim Allen's recommendation, we went looking for it on Netflix here one day, and apparently you can't get it in the US on Netflix :-\

Been told that the Dirk Gently's series is on Netflix....  in Europe and perhaps Australia??

Regional media bullshit. *sigh*