Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Yes, I saw 'Dirk Gently' pop up on my Netflix feed last night. I've not seen that one. I only noticed that American Dad wasn't showing up in my Netflix app, and I don't recall Designated Survivor showing up in my feed whilst in the States (I hope that latter one is in the States; I really want to finish watching that series).So I guess my Netflix app is limited to the region I'm in, even if my subscription is based in the States.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 21, 2017, 05:32:03 AM
So I guess my Netflix app is limited to the region I'm in, even if my subscription is based in the States.

Yeah.  Probably so.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I use a VPN called Proximate.  Lets me access stuff not available in Canucksitan.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 22, 2017, 03:46:56 PM
I use a VPN called Proximate.  Lets me access stuff not available in Canucksitan.

Tell us the truth, SDR.  You VPN'd so you could get even more Bollywood.  Can't get enough Indian cinema, right?   :))

Nefaro

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

I've seen a couple of the Dirk Gently's... it's not great... other than the name it's not really in line with the what the books were about....  :P

Nefaro

Hrmm.. what's this?   :coolsmiley:

..early tease for Netflix movie Bright...

"Dark" modern fantasy?  Got my attention.

At first I thought "Shadowrun" but without the cyberpunk it sounds more like "Hellboy".   

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

It does look interesting, but I have to go with 'meh' also, just because it's hard to get excited about something that's not coming out for another ten or so months. :(

bayonetbrant

Dunno if it's upthread or not, but Thirteen Reasons is a very powerful short series about a high school kid who commits suicide, and posthumously tells the story through a series of audio tapes

If you've got teenagers, it's must-see TV.  Wow.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Here's one I stumbled on last night - totally unexpected. I love it when that happens.

I haven't seen Antonio Banderas in a movie in a looooong time (doesn't mean he's not been in anything, I just haven't seen him in one). And this one is a damn good movie. Just came out this year.

mirth

Gave it a watch. Standard genre flick, but pretty good. Ben Kingsley must really need the work :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I was thinking the same about Antonio.

The little girl was pretty unimpressive as an actor, but the rest of them were great, especially the security staff.