Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Also regarding Bright - I went looking for more info on the supposed sequel that Netflix is now planning to do and found a LOT of hate from critics on this movie.

I was more than a little surprised. I thought the movie was excellent. Sure there's some oddities in the storyline, but I figured that's something that can be explained later. Nerds and their nerd rage, amirite?  ::)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 07, 2017, 07:46:12 PM
Found a pretty good German WW2 war drama.

I'm going to watch this one.  It is on Netflix (I think).

BanzaiCat

If you haven't found it already, airboy...it's definitely still out there!

MetalDog

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 04, 2018, 11:43:36 AM
Also regarding Bright - I went looking for more info on the supposed sequel that Netflix is now planning to do and found a LOT of hate from critics on this movie.

I was more than a little surprised. I thought the movie was excellent. Sure there's some oddities in the storyline, but I figured that's something that can be explained later. Nerds and their nerd rage, amirite?  ::)

Heard earlier today that Bright was the Number one watched program on Netflix in 190 countries.  It's been in release for 3 days.  What do the critics know?  They all love Last Jedi. ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Good point, MD.

The more I think about Bright, the more I enjoy it. I'm going to re-watch it since I didn't get through it in one sitting (more like four or five sittings).

mirth

Just started watching Brotherhood on Amazon Prime. Excellent show.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

undercovergeek

Binged the man in the high castle over the weekend - good stuff

BanzaiCat

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 09, 2018, 09:37:45 AM

Is that still at 2 seasons? I watched the first one and thought it was good, but I haven't tried the second yet.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 09, 2018, 10:45:17 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 09, 2018, 09:37:45 AM

Is that still at 2 seasons? I watched the first one and thought it was good, but I haven't tried the second yet.

Third season is supposed to be released this year.

undercovergeek

BanzaiCat

I got a little weirded out by the one Japanese character magically transporting himself to "our" America. I had hoped there wouldn't be any sci-fi stuff in this, but looks like that's a part of it.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 09, 2018, 11:08:27 AM
I got a little weirded out by the one Japanese character magically transporting himself to "our" America. I had hoped there wouldn't be any sci-fi stuff in this, but looks like that's a part of it.

Well, it is based on a novel written by Philip K Dick and I think something similar takes place in the book.

Barthheart

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 09, 2018, 11:08:27 AM

Read the book! You'll understand better... L:-)