Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 09, 2018, 11:08:27 AM
I got a little weirded out by the one Japanese character magically transporting himself to "our" America. I had hoped there wouldn't be any sci-fi stuff in this, but looks like that's a part of it.

Germany won ww2 and you didn't want fantasy?

BanzaiCat

I'm just talking about straight-up alternate history. No magic, wizards, time travel, fairies, Turtledove-like crap, that kind of thing.

I still want to see Season 2 at some point regardless.

undercovergeek

I suppose the sci fi stuff could be removed and just have a story about the resistance and the tension between the empire and Germany - but this is dick - as toonces likes to shout naked in his uggs

I thought it was pretty cool you had people in the alt universe who were travelling over - one of my favourite books is weaveworld by Clive barker and this reminded me of that

And I thought their hitler was exactly how I'd expect him to look

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

I guess it is kind of silly of me to expect something different, considering the movie is from 'our' timeline and there therefore has to be some kind of tie-in between that and this alternate universe.

undercovergeek

undercovergeek

Lmao - a fine conversation to be had with MD on a smoking night

Tuna

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

BanzaiCat