Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Cloverfield Lane is the best in the series.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Yes that's what I read. Plus one additional movie.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Staggerwing

I still haven't seen any of them yet, though '10 Cloverfield Lane' is tempting me. The whole 'shaky camera collage' thing that started with 'Blair Witch' just doesn't appeal to me so I have not watched the first 'Cloverfield' yet.. I can deal with it in small bits or even for 2/3 a film as was done in 'Europa Report' (tho those cameras didn't shake much) but not for a whole movie. Please tell me that 'Cloverfield Paradox' isn't like the first one in that.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Neither of the Cloverfield sequels have the shaky cam nonsense. That was one of the reasons I intensely disliked the first movie.

MetalDog

Into the Badlands.  Set in a post apocalyptic world, where Barons have carved out a niche and outlawed guns.  The Baron's keep forces of highly trained fighters, called Clippers, and jockey for position.  I can't say that there isn't a bit of cheese factor for me, but, there are at least two martial arts fights per episode and they are well choreographed.  The downside is that Netflix only has the first season of 6 episodes and it ends in a cliffhanger.  AMC has made and shown the second season and the third will premier sometime this month.  I am hoping that the third season being out will allow Netflix to pick up the second.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

The shaky cam doesn't really bother me, so I enjoyed the first Cloverfield. And yes AFAIK there are two new additional movies in production right now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on February 19, 2018, 09:47:18 PM
Neither of the Cloverfield sequels have the shaky cam nonsense. That was one of the reasons I intensely disliked the first movie.

Same.

First one - too much damn shaky cam.  Didn't even like shaky cam when ppl fawned over it in Blair Witch.  :pullhair:

I thought 10 Cloverfield Lane was great.

The new ostensibly "Cloverfield" one on Netflix?   ~~>

BanzaiCat

Try Jungle with Daniel Radcliffe, on Amazon Prime.

He plays a guy from Israel in 1980 that went on a sabbatical from the homeland, finding his way to Bolivia, where he befriended a German and an American, and together with a guide they decide to explore the 'real' jungle. Of course, things don't exactly go as planned. The movie is very engaging and Radcliffe threw himself into the role, apparently, by starving himself throughout filming.

BanzaiCat

...well alrighty then.

mirth

Did you just quote yourself for no apparent reason?

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob