Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Note that Barth did not deny his involvement in creating ghost tanks.

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 19, 2018, 08:00:55 PM
Pretty sure nobody else posted this yet...

Saw this on Amazon Prime. There's a lot of highly-rated Russian war movies on AP and this one was pretty good. (Funny how this reminds me of the opening chapters of Red Storm Rising where the intelligence officer was getting suspicious over the Soviets playing remastered patriotic movies...)

The trailer is in English, but the movie itself is Russian with English subtitles, which I prefer over dubbing any day. Well acted, decent effects, and a good story I thought.

So... Moby Dick in tank format?

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Staggerwing

Woohoo! I have much catching up to do...

Still hard to believe that much of the early part of the show's effects were done on Amigas, when the Video Toaster add-on card first brought CGI to the masses.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I never got into B5 completely, but I've always wanted to watch all of it. Nice!

mirth

I watched most of it when it was first run, but I'll be binge watching it from start to finish on Amazon.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

Sigh. Babylon 5. Was that the one about the Monty Python-like space station? You remember, Swamp Castle?

King of Swamp Castle: When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. And that one sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Son, the strongest castle in all of England.

Though it apparently took five attempts for the Babylon 5 people.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Are you telling us to get off your scifi lawn?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

How many attempts has Star Trek had and only one good one.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

mirth