Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Watching Sarajevo 1914 right now on The Netflix. It's in German with English subtitles but my God does it look authentic and beautiful  :clap:

Oh and the lead character doing the investigation is Jewish. Not sure if he really was in the real world. Assuming he was.

WIN/WIN!!  :notworthy:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Netflix.

Black Mirror. Bandersnatch.

Watch on PC, tablet or smart TV.

Mind screwed with.

Sir Slash

I watched, "Avengers: Infinity Wars" on Netflix last night. I just snapped my fingers and there it was.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

acctingman

Punisher S2 2 weeks from tomorrow!   :dreamer: :smitten:

Sir Slash

Staggerwing

Anybody watch Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Netflix) yet?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Getting all giggity for Punisher Season 2 :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 03, 2019, 07:55:01 PM

Yes. About a weird as it gets. I think I got stuck in a temporal causality loop.

loop.

loop.

loop.

loop.

loop.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Staggerwing

Quote from: DoctorQuest on January 03, 2019, 10:04:04 PM

Yes. About a weird as it gets. I think I got stuck in a temporal causality loop.

loop.

loop.

loop.

loop.

loop.

Isn't it supposed to be an ominous take on the 'choose your own adventure' format? How does its work?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 03, 2019, 10:11:07 PM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on January 03, 2019, 10:04:04 PM

loop.

loop.

loop.

loop.

loop.

Isn't it supposed to be an ominous take on the 'choose your own adventure' format? How does its work?

Yes and it works really well... if you have a the right equipment. You'll need to watch it on a newer smart TV with the latest Netflix app. OR a tablet or PC with the Netflix app. My 6 year old Sharp Smart TV wasn't able to run it but my 2 yr old Sharp in my man cave was. Netflix will let you know if you can run it.

It's interactive in that at certain points in the story you are given 2 choices and the program with follow the path you choose. But you have to choose quickly only 10 seconds or so, or a default choice is made. Choice is made with your remote or mouse.

The actual story in Bandersnatch is just OK, but works well as a demo of this type of tech. They even made the "flip back to choose a different path" thing work wreally well without it becoming ponderous to re-watch up to the decision point.

Hope they make more deeper stuff like this.

Staggerwing

That sounds like an awesome idea for a spy thriller:
'The neighborhood looks sketchy. Do you enter the clandestine meeting place? YES / NO'     
'A van full of ISI goons is chasing your car. Ahead left is the off ramp into the Old City and right is the express way to the International Airport. LEFT / RIGHT'

Barthheart

Oh yeah, there's lots of places they could take this.  :D

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd