For Longblade: Some of my paint jobs.

Started by Ubercat, September 21, 2012, 11:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

I don't have any pictures of recent work, and I'm not at all impressed with the quality of our current digicam, so here's some things from the late 90's up to 2001 or so. The last picture (Uber) is about 5 years old.

GW Warmaster High Elves.

Warmaster Orcs.

Warhammer Black Orcs; a bit bigger than the BO's in the previous picture!

And the late, lamented REAL Ubercat. (No, I didn't paint him.)

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

DV8

Nice work Ubercat.  I love the old school WHFB miniatures.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Staggerwing

Great pix! Sorry to hear about Ubercat Mk 1. :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Ubercat

Thanks, guys.

Not many more pics than that. What I have is just more pics of my Chaos Dwarf army that the big BO's were part of. I sold them on Ebay about 5 years ago for a pittance. A pittance in this case being just about what I paid for bare models and supplies, not even any money for the three years I spent painting them! One person bid it up to my minimum and made out like a bandit. How was I to know no one else would be interested?  :o I thought Warhammer was popular.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

LongBlade

Quote from: Ubercat on September 22, 2012, 09:15:42 AM
Thanks, guys.

Not many more pics than that. What I have is just more pics of my Chaos Dwarf army that the big BO's were part of. I sold them on Ebay about 5 years ago for a pittance. A pittance in this case being just about what I paid for bare models and supplies, not even any money for the three years I spent painting them! One person bid it up to my minimum and made out like a bandit. How was I to know no one else would be interested?  :o I thought Warhammer was popular.

I've only played a couple of WH fantasy games, but IIRC chaos dwarves are no longer a sanctioned army.

Ubercat

True, but they're very collectible. And still have a handful of websites for their devoted fans (last I checked). I'da thunk more than one of them would have happened on my ten day auction.

- Thomas Sowell

LongBlade

Quote from: Ubercat on September 22, 2012, 10:11:47 AM
True, but they're very collectible. And still have a handful of websites for their devoted fans (last I checked). I'da thunk more than one of them would have happened on my ten day auction.

Tru dat. Sorry to hear it went for so little.