Songs Stuck in Your Head

Started by bayonetbrant, December 21, 2012, 03:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bob48 on January 17, 2015, 03:16:02 PM
^I have to say, its about the only one of theirs that I like.

I thought Set Me Free from the Hulk soundtrack was pretty good.  I had the intro riff to that as a ringtone on my phone for a while
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Sorry, Brant.  I have to disagree.  'Mob Rules,' is a much better album than 'H&H.'  Then again, that's just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions ;)

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

thanks to Fall Out Boy on the NHL All-Star Game, I now have Tom's Diner stuck in my head.  Bastards.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Martok

Quote from: bob48 on January 17, 2015, 03:16:02 PM
^I have to say, its about the only one of theirs that I like.
I'm honestly a little amazed you like any of their stuff, so that alone is somewhat impressive.  For whatever reason, I have a hard time seeing (hearing?) their sound appealing to you. 

Quote from: bob48 on January 20, 2015, 04:06:21 PM

Such a creepy vid.........
Great song, though.  I'm not sure how/when it happened, but at some point in the last decade, Tool became one of my favorite bands. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bob48

^I like of few of their tracks, although in general they are not to my taste. I do like a fairly mixed bag of music, although my preference is for blues / blues based rock - basically that could be classed as R&B.

'Clip those corners'

Skwerl

It's been this one for the last couple of days:

Staggerwing

^Great song. Has a whiff of Dave Edmunds to it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Quote from: Skwerl on January 30, 2015, 09:11:14 PM
It's been this one for the last couple of days:

Excellent! I have all of the BeBop Deluxe albums, not that there were many. A very under-rated band I always thought.

'Clip those corners'

Nefaro

I've had this damn thing stuck in me brain since '01, after a long vendor convention road trip to fookeen Nebraska Hobbytown HQ.

That weekend was the first time I heard the damn thing (on the severely hangover-laced way home with my associate) and then the zombie movie featuring it in an excellent piece of colorful scenery followed a year or two later.   Crops up in my flaky memory regularly.. the stuff that shows up in the shitter or the parking lot. 

Just thankful it's not fuckin pop.

Martok

^  An excellent song.  I like most of Disturbed's stuff, but that one's probably my favorite. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant