Syfy: Ascension

Started by DoctorQuest, November 23, 2014, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

As a child of the 60's myself this looks very interesting. Three night mini-series starting December 15th.

I first encountered the concept of the Orion nuclear powered ship while watching the original Cosmos. The concept was also used in "Footfall".

http://www.syfy.com/ascension/about

One of the female leads is Tricia Helfer of Battlestar Gallactica fame.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

GDS_Starfury

thanks for the heads up on this.   O0
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

I have to admit that Tricia Helfer has had me eyeing my toaster some mornings while I drink my coffee and wait for my bagel.  ^-^

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bbmike

Any hope I might have had went to ZERO after seeing it's on Syfy.   :-\
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

I caught a promo on another channel when I was walking by the TV...hadn't heard about this before, but it looks good.

Steelgrave

Quote from: bbmike on November 24, 2014, 06:36:23 AM
Any hope I might have had went to ZERO after seeing it's on Syfy.   :-\

I hear ya, but SyFy has been talking about going back to their roots and abandoning the cheesy "B" movie crap they've been doing lately. I didn't keep the article, but there was a write up about some of their new shows and many looked promising. I'd love to see them change course.....the market can certainly support good science fiction programs.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

JasonPratt

Does it explain why they changed their name to that "SyFy" gibberish?  :tickedoff:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 24, 2014, 01:12:27 PM
Does it explain why they changed their name to that "SyFy" gibberish?  :tickedoff:

There is no valid explanation for that.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

I just want my God damn Cylon War already. :tickedoff:

mirth

Doesn't sound like it's going to happen anytime soon.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on November 24, 2014, 03:36:57 PM

Nor is there one for SS Doomtrooper, Sharknado, Komodo Vs. Cobra, Supergator, Sharktopus, Mongolian Death Worm, Mansquito, Frankenfish, Arachnoquake, ad nauseum, ad infinitum...

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 24, 2014, 06:32:27 PM
Quote from: mirth on November 24, 2014, 03:36:57 PM

Nor is there one for SS Doomtrooper, Sharknado, Komodo Vs. Cobra, Supergator, Sharktopus, Mongolian Death Worm, Mansquito, Frankenfish, Arachnoquake, ad nauseum, ad infinitum...

QFT.

I stopped checking to see what was on that channel years ago.  This is a big part of the reason.

Admittedly, the preview for Ascension actually caught my eye when I saw it a short time ago.  Maybe they're trying to bring us fine discerning sci-fi fans back into the fold now that their years-long joke has become so stale?  I'm not saying they were amazing before, but shit got outta hand in multitudes.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 24, 2014, 03:45:02 PM
I just want my God damn Cylon War already. :tickedoff:

Maybe not from that particular channel, though.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!