Main Menu

Unbroken

Started by Sir Slash, December 27, 2014, 11:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Saw this one with the wife last night and I would urge everyone to go see this film for the extraordinary story of one of my new heroes. The movie itself is a little kind of thrown together pieces and even the most dramatic parts could have been a little more dramatic but the movie doesn't take-over the story. A few great action scenes including a very well done B-24 bombing mission but mostly it's one tough SOB's story of survival with surprisingly little blood & guts. It's wife-friendly. And well worth seeing even at full price.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Thanks for the recommendation. Mt wife and I were looking for a good movie to see on New Year's Day and she had already expressed an interest in thos one.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

The Wife is currently reading the book, she says it's very good also.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's the reason I went to see the movie. Everybody I know said the book was great. I mean hasn't every movie based on a great book turned out great too?  :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.