The Man in the High Castle

Started by bbmike, January 07, 2015, 06:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Amazon is getting ready to launch a bunch of new shows and one of them is The Man in the High Castle! There's also an American Civil War drama on the list.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Quote from: bbmike on January 07, 2015, 06:55:11 AM
Amazon is getting ready to launch a bunch of new shows and one of them is The Man in the High Castle! There's also an American Civil War drama on the list.

Man in the High Castle is a must read for fans of Alt history and/or Phillip K. Dick. It will be interewsting to see how the moviemakers handle the whole 'Grasshopper lies Heavy alt-history fiction within an alt-history fiction' premise of the story.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

Watched this last night and I was highly impressed. Very well done, stylish and does a great job at creating a believable occupied America. For bonus points, it's downright creepy seeing the swastika integrated into everyday American symbols.

bbmike

That's good to hear! It is getting good reviews. I need to watch this ASAP.
On the other hand, the Civil War drama is getting very bad reviews. :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak