Godzilla Reboot coming 2014

Started by OJsDad, December 10, 2013, 07:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Trailer for new Godzilla moving coming out in 2014

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Huh.

I actually felt a little shiver of anticipation when I heard the Godzilla bellow at the end of the clip. I hope it won't be in vain...

BTW, was that David Strathairn who was giving the pep talk?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

I'd like to think this will be good, but I have two reservations.

1. That godawful mess that was crapped out the last time Hollywood tried to do Godzilla.
2. At the 1:42 mark, is that Shia LaBeouf?

Staggerwing

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 10, 2013, 08:42:28 PM

... At the 1:42 mark, is that Shia LaBeouf?

He's not ion the IMDB listing... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831387/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

... But Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe are! And I was right about David Strathairn as well.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

Cast looks great. Not overly impressed by the trailer however.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

I liked the trailer. That being said, my expectations were VERY low.
Any time is a good time for pie.

BanzaiCat

1. That godawful mess that was crapped out the last time Hollywood tried to do Godzilla.

Not to mention the abomination of Puff Daddy or Puffy or Daddy or Sean Jean or WTF he's calling himself these days' cover of Kashmir. (Shudder)

Too many things to count for that pile of crap of a movie.

Quote from: Arctic Blast

Jesus, I hope not. I just finished geeking out over a fourth Transformers movie WITH NO SHIA in it.

bob48

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 11, 2013, 11:55:10 AM

Not to mention the abomination of Puff Daddy or Puffy or Daddy or Sean Jean or WTF he's calling himself these days' cover of Kashmir. (Shudder)

Too many things to count for that pile of crap of a movie.

Quote from: Arctic Blast

Jesus, I hope not. I just finished geeking out over a fourth Transformers movie WITH NO SHIA in it.

Kashmir without Plant & Page is an abomination!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Steelgrave

So exactly what does Godzilla have against public transportation anyway  ;D  That cat sees a train, the train is gone. Maybe Santa should have gotten him a train set for Christmas one year.

My expectations are low, but that's never stopped me from enjoying Godzilla in the past. Bring it on.

BanzaiCat

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 11, 2013, 06:00:26 PM
So exactly what does Godzilla have against public transportation anyway  ;D  That cat sees a train, the train is gone. Maybe Santa should have gotten him a train set for Christmas one year.

My expectations are low, but that's never stopped me from enjoying Godzilla in the past. Bring it on.

once in a while Encore will have a Japanese Godzilla marathon on.  lots of fun! 
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 11, 2013, 06:03:09 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on December 11, 2013, 06:00:26 PM

once in a while Encore will have a Japanese Godzilla marathon on.  lots of fun!

When I was a kid, my big treat was going to the matinee on Saturday and catching a double feature. Godzilla vs. King Kong. Godzilla vs. The Smog Creature. Godzilla vs. who really cares? I watched so many Godzilla movies I'm surprised I don't still slur my "z"s and "r"s.

Good times.

Staggerwing

Barthheart

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 11, 2013, 06:51:17 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 11, 2013, 06:00:56 PM
I'd like him to win this time.

LOL +1

+2 Let him stomp the shit out of Washington D.C.

Working title, "Godzilla vs Congress". Instant Blockbuster.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus