4th Annual NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Started by bayonetbrant, March 12, 2015, 08:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Hey guys, here's the thread for this year's NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Here's the page to enter your bracket

The group is up - we're "Grogheads 2015" and the password is wolfpack  O0

You can't enter anything before this weekend when the brackets are announced.

It's set for 2 entries / person, but that's only so I can create the usual "Straight Chalk" bracket that lets you compare against the tournament seeding.  Anyone entering 2 'legit' brackets will have both DQ'ed.

No idea what the prizes will be, but we'll come up with our usual "something" out of the grab-bag

I'll post daily updates each morning after games are played starting the morning of 3/20.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

password is actually wolfpack 

lowercase w.  Is this when we start making fun of a North Carolina education?

bayonetbrant

Brackets are being announced now.  You should be able to start getting your picks in within the hour.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

My bracket is done, but I didn't watch much basketball this year so it's all wild guesses.  Not that it'd be different in a year I actually watched more than one game.  :(

Centurion40

I've consulted the oracles, and made my picks.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

here's some analysis, along with a perfect line summing up the tournament at the end

QuoteDamn. Just realized every team got placed in Kentucky's tournament. That's brutal luck there.

bayonetbrant

here's some help with your picks, too

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2396232-2015-ncaa-bracket-predictions-best-picks-for-every-matchup

So I like that he's delusional enough to pick NC State late into the tournament.  But he is delusional.  Sigh.  They're going to the Final Four, not bombing out in the second weekend.

BanzaiCat

Meh, analysis is for wimps. I just clicked a bunch of teams randomly. :)

Marty Ward

My picks are in and last place is secured. I just hope I do better than last year when my Champ went out in the round of 32!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 17, 2015, 09:42:02 AM
Meh, analysis is for wimps. I just clicked a bunch of teams randomly. :)

Bingo.  There is always a wild card getting further than they should.

I'm counting on Louisville and UK to choke in the Sweet Sixteen.  But I made that same mistake last year. 

The oracles tell me that Gonzaga is going all the way.
Any time is a good time for pie.

BanzaiCat

I think I picked Utah as the final winner. I know Utah basketball from kosher sausage.

Electric_Strawberry

Let me get this straight...The Big 10 actually has 14 teams...the BIG 12, which used to be known as the Big 8, actually has 10 teams.  And some people wonder why math scores in this country are declining.  Go figure.

MetalDog

I swore I wasn't going to fill one of these out this year, but, with an opportunity to be at least one better than someone here and lord it over them, how could I resist?!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on March 17, 2015, 08:54:10 PM
I swore I wasn't going to fill one of these out this year, but, with an opportunity to be at least one better than someone here and lord it over them, how could I resist?!

I know, right? With all the bracket everyone's making, it's hard to ignore!  ;D

Bison

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Brant picked Ohio State to win it all.