Midway remake out in cinemas NOV 8

Started by Destraex, June 09, 2019, 04:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Looking forward to this movie, the original midway movie is also ok. But my mind is spinning with what they may be able to pull off in terms of historical numbers and accurate ship models in this remake. TORA TORA TORA is one of my all time favourites. But Pearly Harbour was definitely not on my list although I did enjoy it at the movies at the time because it was a good cross of chick flick with some big boys toys in it.

Will I be disappointed? Most likely. PLEASE no love stories to break up and take away from any budget for the carrier scenes. November 8 th is not long to wait. (hey that rhymes).

https://taskandpurpose.com/midway-movie-roland-emmerich-interview?fbclid=IwAR2h_eZuzh4A-5NwCk6zYgQUBIWmd7lUNHQXgvz-
Ech8S1eTE1ZsWThOzeI
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

The_Admiral

I know they have been asking for actual, good advice from the right people (aka the Midway roundtable). Fingers crossed.
Maybe R. Emmerich is like me, he just wanted eventually to do what he likes best and kept it for the end.

In the meantime I'll make my own sort of movie ^^

Con

Does it involve monkeys a long piece of string and rubber masks with zippers for mouths?

JasonPratt

Maybe this will be equivalent to Michael Bay's 13 Hours.

That doesn't seem inherently probable. But neither did Michael Bay making 13 Hours.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Please don't be like Pearl Harbor (the movie)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Is it going to use Sensurround sound technology?
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

Better NOT have Will Smith chewing a cigar and shouting, "Dats what I'm TALKIN' Bout" to the Japanese Navy.   :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 09, 2019, 10:37:33 PM
Better NOT have Will Smith chewing a cigar and shouting, "Dats what I'm TALKIN' Bout" to the Japanese Navy.   :pullhair:

Indeed.  It'd better have Woody Harrelson do it instead.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

em2nought

I haven't found CGI to be better than real warplanes on film ever.  Even if they're only converted T6 Texans.
Stolen elections have consequences.

SirAndrewD

I'm looking forward to the CGI power sliding Wildcats, and Zeroes being tricked into slamming into each other in massive fireballs of Red White and Blue glory. 

Hopefully they'll have George Gay take out a few Japanese planes while floating in his life vest and dual wielding .45's.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Silent Disapproval Robot

Could be worse.  This just popped up on my YouTube recommendations list.

What heroic line delivery!  Holy over-emote!!!!

SirAndrewD

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: em2nought on June 10, 2019, 01:21:24 AM
I haven't found CGI to be better than real warplanes on film ever.  Even if they're only converted T6 Texans.

They always make the mistake of throwing in wild camera angles that are impossible in real life. If they did the CGI to look like a camera ship was flying with them, it would be soooo much better. But it's a crutch now, like super slo-mo shots of people jumping up and dodging bullets in mid-air.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd