Combat Mission series on GoG.com

Started by mbar, June 05, 2019, 08:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbar

Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, Combat Mission II: Barbarossa to Berlin and Combat Mission 3: Afrika Korps are released on GoG.com
https://www.gog.com/news/release_combat_mission_series

Gusington

These haven't been available digitally anywhere else?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2019, 08:59:14 AM

Gamersgate (https://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=combat%20mission) and also DRM free, but $25 (or $15 for Beyond Overlord) is too much for games that are 15 years old.

But I can't go back to those graphics with all the newer games available.

Ubercat

What are you talking about? It's like you could step into your monitor and walk down that street.   :D   I did have a lot of fun with CMBB back in the day but I can't go back either.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Sir Slash

CMBO Was already available on GOG but not the other 2. This is good news for those who miss these Great Old Games, like me. But I'm with Pete, these game look... real... old.

Last year lightning destroyed my old computer and while I waited for a new one, I drug out an ancient one to have SOMETHING to play. And there were my old friends, CMBO,CMBB,CMAK, and I fell in love all over again. But she is a VERY old girlfriend.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

I got the Combat Mission Anthology on CD from CDV almost 2 decades ago because I was going to need that for the upcoming Combat Mission Campaigns.

But : https://videogamegeek.com/thread/724654/tragic-tale-combat-mission-campaigns  :'(.

And now I'm afraid to put an old CD or DVD in my computer thinking I could end up with another Starforce disaster.

https://superuser.com/questions/93442/windows-7-doesnt-start-after-installing-a-game-with-starforce-protection

Elvis

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 05, 2019, 09:40:15 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2019, 08:59:14 AM

Gamersgate (https://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=combat%20mission) and also DRM free, but $25 (or $15 for Beyond Overlord) is too much for games that are 15 years old.

But I can't go back to those graphics with all the newer games available.

Yes, along with working with GOG for the past few months to get these up I have been trying to get Gamersgate's listings pulled down. Our agreement with them expired years ago.

I kinda agree about the graphics. Tough to look at once you're used to the CMx2 games. While setting things up with GOG I did play more of these games than I played in a very very very long time. I enjoyed it.  Kinda the same feeling Sir Slash had.

mbar

Thanks for keeping them alive! I had bought these on Gamersgate but I am buying them on GOG too.

Sir Slash

Truly a Labor of Love Elvis. And a great credit to all of you who haven't just forgotten about the old girl.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Skoop

I might actually get these for my son when they go on sale at gog.  I'll take these graphics any day over tiller graphics.

JasonPratt

Ooooh! -- I was hoping Battlefront (though I think it's actually Strategy First exercising their options) would follow up Beyond Overlord with Barbie and Afrika.

Not lying, I bought CMBO on GoG primarily to encourage the release of CMBB and CMAK.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

I have all these on CD, couldn't get them to go wide screen last time I tried, or find the no CD patch. I'll probably get these on sale, wonder if all the mods are still available. They didn't look too terrible with the HD textures. There was a lot of value in those packages, still a bunch of content not available on the newer games, scenarios and campaigns wise.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Elvis

Quote from: Skoop on June 05, 2019, 03:34:44 PM
I might actually get these for my son when they go on sale at gog.  I'll take these graphics any day over tiller graphics.

They are on sale. 10% off. $5.39. I'm about to go out and grab a beer that will cost me more than that. :-)

Sir Slash

I remember fondly playing CMBB as the Germans and trying to get my panzers to charge to effective range against a KV-2. They just kept taking a shot, popping smoke, and then full reverse to cover. Can't say as I blame them.

ArizonaTank

Excellent!  Love the random map generator.  Also just seem easier to play than CMx2.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.