Main Menu

Oh FRIDAY

Started by Jarhead0331, February 01, 2019, 12:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

THE NIECES VISIT TOMORROW MORNING!!  :clap: <:-)

Probably some gaming, too. I've been spending a lot of my free gaming time on AoW:SM, having lightly hacked the game into creating characters using niece photos for the wizard portraits. (Not sure I'll get to show that off tomorrow.) Will probably continue until I can finish off their campaign.

Elsewhether, the Grogpublic umping continues. And provisionally, tomorrow night I'll be finishing up helping manage a British vs Zulu battle for Cyrano's Friday Night Fights.

I'm also looking to get back into actually flying my beloved 1941 He-111 in IL-2 Battle of Moscow, probably via the dynamic campaign (restarted). Then I'll be able to return to flying with Tuna in dynamic multiplayer mission generators. (Being shot down over stomach flu has added too much verisimilitude to being unable to reliably fly!!)

Recently picked up the release Alpha of Volcanoids, which I've had some fun messing around with. May get to show that to the nieces, unsure. (Think the drill mole from Edgar Rice Bouroughs Pellucidar series, i.e. At the Earth's Core, as a mobile base on an island that detonates volcanically every 20 minutes, in a Verne-ish Steampunk milieu.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Quote from: Tuna on February 01, 2019, 09:49:38 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 01, 2019, 09:31:54 AM
I'll be playing BFV, GMT's Talon on Table Top Simulator, something AGEOD, and maybe something on my PS4.

and some IL2 with Tuna!

Yes add that to the list as well!  Gotta see if I remember how to take off in my Pe-2. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Thanks Carl. I am thinking of getting the original Division this weekend...I was originally turned off by it, thinking it was not solo play friendly. But I've done some interwebs research and it does indeed look friendly for people who hate other people, like me. 200 hours in sounds pretty friendly as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Yeah it's definitely soloable.  I occasionally teamed up with some guy from the Netherlands but besides that I did all of it solo.

Gusington

Thanks Huw. You guys get any of the expansions/dlc for The Division?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on February 01, 2019, 03:22:22 PM
Thanks Huw. You guys get any of the expansions/dlc for The Division?

Yes.  Underground, Last Stand and Survival per the Year One Pass.

Underground is nice as you can make your mission as simple or complicated as you wish - the exact terminology and specifics of this escapes me at the moment - and then execute the mission.  If you die during the mission, you start back at your last auto-save point.  Hunters (big, bad monster men basically) lurk down there and they have the ability to mess you up quick and in a hurry but thankfully they don't show up every mission.  It's a dungeon crawl for the most part,  but with guns.  Have not done so, but I think you can pair up with people to complete a mission and the difficulty will be scaled accordingly.

Last Stand and Survival I've not done yet, but YouTube offers up the goods on those modes - same goes for Underground too, of course.  Survival looks like some good, smart fun, tbh.

I'm curious as to how they do DLC for Division 2.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

After a snafu with USPS, I finally got my replacement Track IR pro clip. With that I'll probably be simming most of the weekend. Want to jump back into some Elite Dangerous. I'll probably take one of my planes out in Prepra3d as well.

With all the talk of The Division I might jump back into that. Since I discontinued my WoW subscription I've been looking for something to have something mindless to play.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

Tomorrow night is p&p D&D with the crew.  We are starting a new campaign and we are getting the characters together: backstory, history, all that mess.  We'll meet once a month, so, I'll have until March to get the initial encounters ready.  Can't wait.

Digitally, it'll be Civ IV:BtS tonight.  I am Lincoln against Gilgamesh, Shaka, Montezuma, & Zara Yaqob (vassal of Gilgamesh).  I am at the top of the board, but, Gilgamesh is right behind me.  Shaka & me are racing to Combustion whilst I build a modern navy to keep Shaka on his own shores.

And GO PATS!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Not my fault you are a Jets fan.  You would think you'd want the Patriots to win.  It makes the Jets relevant twice a year.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tripoli

I just purchase prepared 3D and am making the tradition from FSX. Will probably spend most the weekend figuring out which of my FSX add ons still work
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Pfft - like the Jets have ever been relevant since 1969.

Got Secret Weapons Over Normandy and installing now...fingers crossed.

Also getting The Division Gold...for 9 dollah from the UPlay store. I have finally been able to wait long enough to get the discounts I always pine for.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Friends and brothers, let me give a witness! \o/ \o/ \o/

People have sometimes said I am a fool for paying premium money for nearly 20 years to Falcon Northwest for asskicking computer systems. But I don't only do it for the asskicking systems: I also do it for the asskicking technical support. The main drawback being that, naturally, their staff to product ratio tends to be low, so when I called them last night it was a little too late to reasonably expect a callback.

For the past two weeks, my bootup on my main house computer ("The Presence") has been acting screwier and screwier, until last night it would simply go into a loop toward the end of bootup and never finish booting at all. It was super weird, in that it would pretend I didn't have internet even though I did; and it wouldn't allow me to run Avast to setup a boot-time (or any other) virus scan. Naturally I suspected a virus, but I needed to figure out how to get into safe mode. (The Asus bios from 6 years ago doesn't make that easy; not FNW's fault but still a thing.)

This afternoon, shortly after 12:30 local, tech support got in touch, and together we hunted down the problem -- a true mystery for the symptoms, but at last the culprit showed its retarded goofball colors...

...Avast Cleanup Premium.  :pullhair:

I've never had one problem from their antivirus (aside from bugging me to buy their other stuff, which I tolerate with much eyerolling), but this is twice now, in four or five years, that they have sold me a "cleanup" program that broke my operating system. Just after its 30 day warranty had expired, too.  >:(

I doubt I'll be able to get my money back, but I will damn well make sure to tell as many as I can about AVOIDING THAT [redacted]ING THING LIKE A PLAGUE! -- because that's what it acts like, a virus. It even goes so far (perhaps accidentally but who knows) as to resist being uninstalled by the control panel uninstaller.

On the other hand, FNW continues to earn my money and evangelical promotions.  :smitten: O:-) :smitten: O:-) :smitten: 6 years and a little over one month, still running any program I want fine (after a gfx card upgrade last summer to a 1080ti). The Presence continues. All Hail Falcon Northwest can I get an amen!!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Vintage Dude