Afrika Korps by SGS

Started by Boggit, October 31, 2020, 03:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

88mmkwk

Phillippe -

Just a bit more feedback on SGS AK..... For users of small screen laptops (e.g. 12-14 inches), the lack of a screen scroll capability when selecting long range destinations is a problem.  For example, I was trying to move an air unit across the map for an attack.  I had to set the screen zoom size to ensure that both the starting point and the destination were on the same screen.  But by doing so, the map zones were so small that I could not easily select the exact destination I wanted.  And without an undo, I was stuck with whatever I selected.

If the game allowed for a screen scroll when a unit is held and dragged to the end of the screen would allow us smaller screen laptop users to set a screen zoom where we can see what we need to see and still be able to move and take other actions that don't "fit on one screen".

I hope I've explained the situation ok.  Let me know if I need to better clarify....

UPDATE:  The new Video1 tutorial on YouTube at 8:15 - 8:35 (https://youtu.be/YesrsoIh1Cg?t=495) clarifies that you can right-click on an air stack and then left click on the destination to move them.  This allows for zoom in and out on smaller screens and solves the problem.
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

88mmkwk

Removed - New videos provided on YouTube clarify and resolve the original question....
Gaming Rig:
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD

Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

JasonPratt

Quote from: Boggit on November 21, 2020, 08:25:40 PM
Are we Steam friends yet MC? Or does the game work multiplayer by some other method?

Okay, instructions for PBEM can be found in-game from the Options button, and then scrolling down to pbem options. The (i) button opens up pbem instructions.

This screen is also where the in-game rules manual can be found (in the middle of a column of buttons, lower right of the screen).

We'll need to exchange email addresses, MC. The forum pmail seems the most secure way to do that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Philthib on November 23, 2020, 11:47:26 AM
By the way, it may help you to view those YouTube videos just recently made (and please forgive my French accent  :buck2:)

Part 1 : Every phase till battles

https://youtu.be/YesrsoIh1Cg

Part2  : Combat, and last phases

https://youtu.be/oP9G2jkZo4A

Cheers

I just noticed there are some video tutorials in the game itself, too. Are these some of them?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Millipede

^
Nope. The in-game vids are tutorials on different situations like splitting stacks, stack limits etc.

88mmkwk

Phillipe -

The Allied Logistics card that mentions an extra truck arriving at a "friendly major port".  I searched the manual but could find no reference to any differentiation between a port and a major port, and did not see any "major" port references when viewing the region details.  In your YouTube video tutorials (which are quite great BTW) at 6:49 in Tutorial 1, you show the card, and then the arrival option is for reinforcement in Alexandria.  Why was the truck arrival closer to the front at Mersa Matruh (a friendly port) not an option?  I'm guessing it's because Alexandria is a friendly "major port" vs. a friendly "port", but how would one know that?  Does Alexandria need some sort of a different reference to show it as a Major vs. a Standard port?

UPDATE:  YouTube Video Tutorial1 at 22:14 mentions Alexandria as the "Major Port" for the Allies and Tripoli as the "Major Port" for the Axis, meaning there is only one for each side.  Might want to add that to the manual somewhere.

Also, I posted a question earlier in this thread but didn't see a response - are you interested in Game Manual corrections or not?  E.g.:  On page 19 below Illustration 4.2a, there is a reference to 4.2a and 4.2b, yet page 20 contains an image labelled Illustration 4.22.  RECOMMENDED CORRECTION:  Re-label Illustration on Page 20 from 4.22 to 4.2b to match the reference on page 19.

I'll quit mentioning Game Manual notes if you are not interested in them....
Gaming Rig:

Sir Slash

I've watched the videos and I'm still not certain what's going on everywhere but the game does look good. There's a good game here, I'm just not certain who's playing who. Definitely worth watching though.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I'm unsure if I'll start my matches with MC before or after Thanksgiving weekend, but setup is going fine!

Boggit

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 24, 2020, 11:00:10 AM
I've watched the videos and I'm still not certain what's going on everywhere but the game does look good. There's a good game here, I'm just not certain who's playing who. Definitely worth watching though.
Who's playing who...

Well so far we're at round one, which is a three game round. Once we have the victors I can allocate their opponents as to round two.

Here is the round one line up of our competing heroes... :bd:  <:-)

Shelldrake vs Millipede
MC vs JasonPratt
Demyansk42 vs 88mmKwK
Tripoli vs Nelmsm

I get the impression some have been dipping their toe with the manual and game before diving into the competition, so I'm guessing that we should see some good strategies being planned out. O0

Hopefully, we'll see some comments and pix as the competition progresses.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

How are the games going? Any feedback? :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

demjansk1942

88 and I are in the game. Had a difficult time trying to figure out the save situation and zipping the file.  I wish it had the system matrix uses for war in the east.  Oh well still working on the battle and getting an understanding of the game.

Boggit

If you get stuck, don't forget to first check the manual and if still stuck to DM Philippe. He is a busy guy, but he's good and will try and resolve any issues when he can.

If you have any really urgent issues let me know and I'll ask Kevin to look into it for you. Ideally put it in the thread as others might be experiencing the same issue and I'll hopefully spot it when I look in on the thread. I do know these guys are keen to make the competition a very positive experience, and if you are happy with the game they know it reflects well on them too.

BTW, how are your battles progressing?

Tripoli

Quote from: Boggit on November 27, 2020, 11:39:07 AM

I get the impression some have been dipping their toe with the manual and game before diving into the competition, so I'm guessing that we should see some good strategies being planned out. O0

Reading the manual before playing is for wusses.... ;D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tripoli on December 04, 2020, 08:50:54 AM
Quote from: Boggit on November 27, 2020, 11:39:07 AM

Reading the manual before playing is for wusses.... ;D

Or people with insomnia ...