No Man's Sky - Too good to be true?

Started by Jarhead0331, June 17, 2015, 09:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

If I were to get this, I want to observe and chronicle the animals I see in my blog. Like National Geographic and make Richard Attenborough videos. But I need to know if they actually modelled reproduction, birth and growth in the game. I know they said predation, food chain and daily activity behaviours are there.

Edit: Back at Reddit, they say it's not simulated.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 04, 2016, 08:31:04 PM
So how many people pre-ordered or plan to buy on release Monday?  I am still on the fence...haven't really found any cheap or good pre order deals to really buy right now and a little nervous on how it turns out.  But have to admit, a little excited based on hype....

I'm excited, it looks [and sounds] like a beautiful game. I bought it today, as part of the pre-order. The only thing stopping me from refunding it is if there is no cooperative multiplayer.

Rayfer

No interest at all. But considering the huge $$$'s gamers spent to fund this project and the years of a lot of negative publicity, I will be following your comments and reviews here on these forums.  Will it have been worth the $$$'s and wait??

Freyland

As far as preordering, for me it's a "No Man's Buy."

panzerde

Quote from: Rayfer on August 05, 2016, 06:53:58 AM
No interest at all. But considering the huge $$$'s gamers spent to fund this project and the years of a lot of negative publicity, I will be following your comments and reviews here on these forums.  Will it have been worth the $$$'s and wait??

Are you sure you aren't confusing this with Star Citizen? I don't think there were any huge gamer-funding efforts for this game. Nor has there been a ton of negative publicity that I've been aware of, unlike for Star Citizen. As far as I know, there was only one announced release delay, earlier this year. Admittedly, I might be wrong about the above; I don't follow computer gaming like I used to.

Not that I'm rushing out to buy it myself, but that's because I just have too much else to play that's unplayed right now, and I don't need another unplayed game sitting around.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Rayfer

Quote from: panzerde on August 05, 2016, 11:44:14 AM

Are you sure you aren't confusing this with Star Citizen? I don't think there were any huge gamer-funding efforts for this game. Nor has there been a ton of negative publicity that I've been aware of, unlike for Star Citizen. As far as I know, there was only one announced release delay, earlier this year. Admittedly, I might be wrong about the above; I don't follow computer gaming like I used to.

Not that I'm rushing out to buy it myself, but that's because I just have too much else to play that's unplayed right now, and I don't need another unplayed game sitting around.

Thanks for the correction PZ....you're right, I was confusing the two games!!  Sorry.

panzerde

Quote from: Rayfer on August 05, 2016, 12:32:16 PM
Thanks for the correction PZ....you're right, I was confusing the two games!!  Sorry.

Very easy to do! Seems like there's an awful lot of this genre being produced right now, and a lot of them are big budget and big marketing.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Rayfer

Quote from: panzerde on August 05, 2016, 01:02:03 PM

Very easy to do! Seems like there's an awful lot of this genre being produced right now, and a lot of them are big budget and big marketing.

To add insult to injury upon myself....I have No Man's Sky on my Steam wishlist!!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: panzerde on August 05, 2016, 11:44:14 AM

FWIW, Star Citizen is shaping up to be quite an amazing game. The potential is unrivaled.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Wow..PC version delayed until 12th now....

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/761694858562207744

Just a few days, but what are they doing....

Pete Dero

Some reviewers seemed to have access to the game (the pre-day-one-patch version)

Kotaku posted this one hour gameplay video : https://www.facebook.com/kotaku/videos/10154500003184040/

or watch it on Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGV1_sueoo4 

Capn Darwin

The PC on the 12th was stated over a week ago but not fully confirmed until yesterday.

A number of people, a dozen or so, have been running copies of questionable origin for the past handful of days and streaming on twitch or other places until they are shutdown.

Even with all the drama, the game looks cool. I'll be playing it some next week when it comes out on PC.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Capn Darwin on August 06, 2016, 08:09:28 AM
The PC on the 12th was stated over a week ago but not fully confirmed until yesterday.

A number of people, a dozen or so, have been running copies of questionable origin for the past handful of days and streaming on twitch or other places until they are shutdown.

Even with all the drama, the game looks cool. I'll be playing it some next week when it comes out on PC.

it was odd that they waited until a few days before people thought was released to confirm it was later...think I saw them say they were too busy to confirm before then...I guess creating a quick tweet or something takes a lot of time:)

I suspect the big day one patch has more to do with it then them not having time....guessing they needed more time with it to have a better impression.

Capn Darwin

Sounds like they have a number of bug fixes, added more stuff to the game, and possibly better support for bigger PC monitors.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.