Star Dynasties (aka Crusader Kings in Space)

Started by steve58, October 16, 2020, 02:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

See Steam link below for demo.  (Oct 16-24)

Star Dynasties is a sci-fi strategy game set in a divided galaxy following the destruction of Earth - plunging humanity into a new Dark Age. Centuries later, the few surviving colonies have stabilized into a feudal society. The game mixes a light empire management strategy layer with a unique procedurally generated narrative of human drama and feudal politics, where your choices will define your story.

As the leader of a faction of star systems, you must ensure the survival and prosperity of your dynasty at any cost. Expand your empire, herd your unruly vassals, build political alliances, and navigate a web of agendas, political intrigue, and social obligations to emerge as the dominant power of the galaxy.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/215832/star-dynasties-demo

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1194590/Star_Dynasties/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

interesting...been waiting for something like this.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

^ Is there a bladder meter I'm missing in the screenshots?   ;D  Or are you just commenting on the art style?

Looks interesting.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

No, just commenting. It sounds like it is all playing with people. If so, my daughter might get into it. She was breeding Sims or something back in the days of sim3. She really like setting up personalities  and turning them loose on each other and then managing the results.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

Me, I hate people management. It was the WORST part of owning a business. And the second most critical.

al_infierno

I mean, have you played Crusader Kings?  It's basically medieval The Sims.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

- MengJiao

solops

Yeah, strangely enough I liked CK2 better than EU4. This new game is not a Paradox product though, is it? I got the impression it was more people oriented.

Jarhead0331

This releases tomorrow. I'm definitely getting it, but I can't say I'm thrilled with the very light combat mechanics. From what I have seen, it doesn't look like the player controls much about battle other than asking vassals and other nobles to commit their forces to your attack or defensive operation. The player who is able to get the most vassals to join the cause seems to be the one who will usually win. Its way too abstract for me...but the rest of the game seems pretty intriguing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

JH, I am curious about this one and will await your comments before further action. I like Stellar Monarch and this games looks like a slicker version of it with less fleet control.

Weiveismart

IF you want to know more  ,you can access "rsgoldfast","mywowgold","mmoexp"

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

I look forward to a different kind of gameplay. Should be a fairly relaxing experience.