Main Menu

Started by 88mmkwk, September 30, 2018, 01:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

88mmkwk

Hi Everyone -

I've read these forums in the past and finally decided to join up.  I'm a long time wargamer (started back in the 70's - PanzerBlitz was my first) who plays both board games, computer games and online/VASSAL.

I've got an ASL stash, some older Victory Point games, but I especially like Matrix Games stuff including:

- Combat Commander
- No Retreat series
- Fighting Formations

For my computer gaming, I especially like/admire Graviteam's offerings. I have Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star and am looking to make the plunge into the Mius Front series sometime soon.  I also like most of the Matrix Games offerings (Strategic Command, Decisive Campaigns, etc).

My period of choice for gaming is WW2, although I also like Greek/Spartan/Peloponnesian stuff.  Not so much for Napoleonic or WWI.  That said, I'm willing to try any games, and dislike "writing off" a game before ever even trying it.

I live in Newbury Park, California (SoCal).

You've got a great "family" on these forums and I'm honored to be able to join up!  I tend to lurk more than post, but joining may finally help pull me out of my shell....

V/R,
Dave
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

MetalDog

If there's any crew I know that can make you feel at home, it's these guys.  Glad you decided to come out of the shadows, Dave!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Glad you decided to take the plunge and join. By the sounds of it, you're going to fit in just fine. Welcome!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Welcome and all that but no love for the Great War? That will have to be...remedied.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

You had me at "PanzerBlitz". Welcome!

MikeGER

Sir, I like your nickname 

Greetings from the land of the 88mmkwk  O0

Sir Slash

Welcome 88mmkwk, my pick for the most original name for the whole crew.  O0  So I assume you're high velocity but difficult to transport and set-up. Could be worse. You could be an old 12lb. Napoleon like myself. Glad to have you with us.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 30, 2018, 03:08:38 PM
You had me at "PanzerBlitz". Welcome!

Ditto.  That was my first wargame as well.  I saved up my lawn mowing money back in 1978 to buy that game for $50 at my local 5 and dime.  I remember the day that I finally had enough money to buy the game.  Rode my bike the 8 miles needed to get to the store.
Those were the days!

Anyway welcome aboard!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Oh Yeah! Those 3 Jadgpanthers in black silhouette still get me hot!  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

88mmkwk

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome?  I'll try my best to make my participation something that adds value to this community!!  :)
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Steelgrave

^Alternatively, you could just bring beer   :bd: :bd: :bd:

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 01, 2018, 04:00:03 PM
^Alternatively, you could just bring beer   :bd: :bd: :bd:

Wouldn't that be "adding value to the community"?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18