Console Recommendations

Started by Bison, January 14, 2016, 03:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Yes... you oughta buy a damn system already.  ;)

OJsDad

I haven't look much into this, but, there are some games made for Xbox360 that can be played on XboxOne.  I don't know if you could do this with PS3 games on PS4, but it might open up the number of kid friendly games available, and perhaps cheaper also. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

The backwards compatibility is a major plus in the Xbox One's favor.  I don't own any 360 games, but it's a nice option to be able to pick up a used game for cheap, play, and then trade back in afterwards.

Grimnirsson

The PS4 is not backwards compatible.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

I'm going to restrain myself from fanboying too much so I'll give you my console neutral advice.  One thing you may want to consider is what console are your friends and the friends of your kids playing on?  That way you can at least play online with people you know. 

As for what I really want to tell you on which console you should get based on it's technically superior architecture (i.e. graphics card, memory, and processor) I'll keep that to myself.  Like I said I don't want to be accused of being a fanboy even though I am and I like it.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Damn it Mirth!  I was all ready to buy a PS4 too!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

The PS4 version of backward compatibility actually sort of pisses me off.  You rent the games through an online streaming service as a part of the PS+ package so as long as you pay to subscribe you can play the game.  Also the game library is limited to PS and PS2 games.  As of right now there is no PS3 games on the list.  Frankly all I want are the Lego games.

Grimnirsson

QuoteFrankly all I want are the Lego games

Buy a Wii U  :coolsmiley:

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

Grimnirsson

And you do like couch coop/splitscreen fun...one should always have a Nintendo console in the house, at least as a second (or third) machine :)

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

I'm trying to limit not having to take out a second mortgage on the house just to play games!

Grimnirsson

Then go now and buy a PS4 to have something to play on while you save some money for a Wii U and thinking about whether or not to buy an XO   O:-)

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

Ha!  I like the spirt!  I've actually got my eye on a 1tb tomb raider bundle Xbox one.