Ain't Gone 'n' Give Up On FRIDAY

Started by WYBaugh, August 07, 2020, 07:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WYBaugh

Jarhead0331

Have been on vacation since last Saturday and will be packing it in today. This weekend I'll have a lot of catching up to do...IL-2 CLOD Tobruk, Star Citizen 3.10 and perhaps most importantly, my press code for Grand Tactician: American Civil War! Yeah, baby!  :bd:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 07, 2020, 07:48:38 AM
Have been on vacation since last Saturday and will be packing it in today. This weekend I'll have a lot of catching up to do...IL-2 CLOD Tobruk, Star Citizen 3.10 and perhaps most importantly, my press code for Grand Tactician: American Civil War! Yeah, baby!  :bd:

Looking forward to your impressions of GT:ACW.

Vintage Dude

Quote from: Rayfer on August 07, 2020, 09:35:35 AM

+1

Sir Slash

Yes, yes, YES! Stop everything else and play Grand Tac. so we can get the real story on it.  ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

Quote from: Vintage Dude on August 07, 2020, 09:38:37 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on August 07, 2020, 09:35:35 AM

+1

+2
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Boardgames, CLOD Tobruk and HLL I think...

Lotti Fuehrscheim

We are just entering a bit of a heat wave here in Western Europe, so I guess I will be out in the woods this weekend more than suffering in my hot apartment. We don't do air conditioning here for the few days per year it would make a difference. Quietly riding my electric bike to generate my own airflow will be my game this weekend, interrupted by visits to country-side tea gardens.

Gusington

I too have been on vacation at Cape May NJ since last Saturday (not with JH) and miss my PC. When I get home tomorrow I will begin wrapping up my Order of Battle - Morning Sun campaign (three missions left IIRC) and will start up the OoB Sandstorm campaign next, with the OoB Rising Sun campaign after that.

After that...as summer fades...will be RPG and Horror season...Divinity 2, the Outlast games, and maybe another go at TW Warhammer, modded, as the Empire.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Summer is in full swing in the South.  Anytime y'all want to come down and get some REAL heat, there's room on the front porch for you to sit a spell.  As for gaming, by now, you can probably write it along with me:  Civ IV BtS mp and dueling in the Arena.  Stay cool my Groggies!

And SRV is always a solid choice  :coolsmiley:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on August 07, 2020, 02:05:48 PM
I too have been on vacation at Cape May NJ since last Saturday (not with JH) and miss my PC. When I get home tomorrow I will begin wrapping up my Order of Battle - Morning Sun campaign (three missions left IIRC) and will start up the OoB Sandstorm campaign next, with the OoB Rising Sun campaign after that.

After that...as summer fades...will be RPG and Horror season...Divinity 2, the Outlast games, and maybe another go at TW Warhammer, modded, as the Empire.

I grew up and lived in South Jersey until I was 45....great place Cape May, but I spent more time in Ocean City and Wildwood.

Gusington

It's a different world down here from central or northern Jersey. The Wife wants to retire here. I am currently wrapping my brain around the idea.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

With or without you Gus? Just curious.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: MetalDog on August 07, 2020, 06:17:30 PM
Summer is in full swing in the South.  Anytime y'all want to come down and get some REAL heat, there's room on the front porch for you to sit a spell.  As for gaming, by now, you can probably write it along with me:  Civ IV BtS mp and dueling in the Arena.  Stay cool my Groggies!

And SRV is always a solid choice  :coolsmiley:

Unfortunately yes, here in Oklahoma the last 10-14 days have been below average with some days only hitting 81 or so, which is about 14 degrees below the average. Hit 90 today and the heat is supposed to be back and rising throughout the next several days/week. As far as gaming goes in kind of a drought waiting on Grand Tactician.

Gusington

Ha with me, Slash. I am not a beach person but I'm willing to give it a shot to make The Wife happy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd