Past Builds Dragon Hummel 2004

Started by Tuna, October 20, 2017, 04:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

This was the old Dragon kit, they later made much nicer newer versions of the Hummel and Hornisse (I think I have the new hornet on my shelf).
Eduard etch set and another company's Barrel (forget the name of the company -Jordio something)
Also used some of the left over Aber pieces from the Jagdpanther set and Tamiya Tools set.

needs glue

My pathetic attempt at making travel lock components out of styrene

Primer coat on some of the sub assemblies

Finished product

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

acctingman

I normally I don't gush, but

/gush

That's a beautiful Hummel Tuna

Tuna

it's just all scary and stressful, but I do miss it. why are all my paints dried up!!!

Staggerwing

That is crazy well done.

You have not built a Wespe by any chance? I've always been partial to the Wespe for some reason.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tuna

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 20, 2017, 10:35:59 PM
That is crazy well done.

You have not built a Wespe by any chance? I've always been partial to the Wespe for some reason.

No Stagger, it's there on the Shelf, and back then, that one had a reputation as being a very nice kit (as all this generation Tamiya is. Actually when we were kids Tamiya was that company you really wanted to safe your money for because they were top notched. Now those kits still go together nice, but they have no where near the detail of the New Dragon, AFV Club, there's a few others.. and I haven't bought a kit in over ten years, so I'm sure there even more.

I mean this Hummel, the cockpit was really bare. The newer version is a heck of a lot more detailed right out of the box!

The last kit I was working on when I stopped was horrible. It was a 38t Flak Panzer, and there was a new Dragon kit available, but I had already bought this one (It was cheap, but still not worth it). Should've thrown in that trash and grabbed the Dragon one!... You like the Wespe Chasis, I like the 38t.. wanted to build their Artillery version as well.

acctingman

Best AFV built from the Pz38 chassis was the Jagdpanzer 38 O0