Main Menu

FRIDAY's Coming

Started by MetalDog, November 13, 2020, 07:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

When I saw the thread title I got excited, thinking it might be this song.

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

Primus...God help us all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

You don't like Primus? I'm sort of sorry that I didn't know about them 25 years ago. I knew the name but assumed they were just some dumb heavy metal band who knew a few power cords and that was all they had, like a Metallica clone or something. That's what I thought, just from the name. I only really discovered them in the last year or so. If I'd taken a risk buying one of their CD's back in the 90's, I'd have ended up buying every one!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

No just the opposite. They are rock gods to me. They just don't make bands like that anymore. Les Claypool is a 20th century Jesus with a bass.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

Holy Shit!

I just discovered something in that video. If you pause it at 4:05 you see on the table the weird little doll on a bicycle that is on the cover of Green Naugahyde, the album that this song is on. Cool.

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

Primus is one of the most Easter egg-laden bands ever.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

CMFI, Trying to get some very stubborn Germans off of, "Bizzaro Ridge" as the 82nd Airborne and getting my ass handed to me surrounded by the lovely Sicilian countryside. Get well 88.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

On of my personal favorites
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Me too! See my avatar for reference.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Saw Faith No More open for Metallica and GnR at the Citrus Bowl in '93.  Watched them and Metallica then went back to the van to try and catch a few winks.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

My friends got tickets to that show in NYC and I didn't. I'm still bitter. I did see Faith No More at the Paramount (small 1500 person theater inside Madison Square Garden) about three years ago and it was a great show, so there's that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd