Main Menu

FRIDAY's Coming

Started by MetalDog, November 13, 2020, 07:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

The new track from Royal Blood.  It's goooood!

Taking a break from Civ mp.  Have Arena and lots of chores and football on tap for the weekend.  There will definitely be something else, too.  Maybe Dom 5 or pick up Pillars Of Eternity again.  Happy weekend, Grogs!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

DCS, Enter the Radius, and something with strategery. Not sure what.

Enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

I have yard cleanup, a dump run and some follow up finish work in some home projects.

On the gaming side probably some Arena, maybe some Factorio and would like to play something RPGish but not sure what, maybe Pillars / Skyrim / Witcher 3
Insert witty comment here.

Grim.Reaper

AC Valhalla, Call of Duty Cold War, and Football Manager 2021....I'll try and start with those but likely will be sidetracked by football and chores:)

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 13, 2020, 08:28:43 AM
DCS, Enter the Radius, and something with strategery. Not sure what.

Enjoy.

Yep...DCS, CLOD TOBRUK, the Avalonian Afrika Korps (not Operation E) and Boardgames.

Gusington

Grim how is the new COD?

A few nights ago I went back to Vampyr, which I rated as my worst disappointment from last year...and I love it now :/

I have about 12 hours into the game, understand it's systems better and enjoy it so much more than I did last year. It takes place in London just after WWI, during the Spanish flu, so seeing characters wearing face masks and discussing the disease is presciently creepy.

Also weird how a game I really did not like now I really do like.

Beyond that, taking a tally of all the games that I own that directly or indirectly cover the First World War...about to dive in to the huge stack of WWI books I have and I have stockpiled games for this moment. Most likely will start playing those games on the soon-to-be-purchased rig.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I am "deep" into Stirring Abyss.  This has been a surprisingly good game. 

88mmkwk

Two weeks after multi-level cervical disk replacement surgery, I am still on doctor-ordered bed rest (aka free computer gaming time).  But watching the Master's might dig into my plan this weekend.

Several years after buying it, I'm just now getting into Decisive Campaigns : Barbarossa.  Starting out as the Russians while I'm learning.  Seems like a really well done game, but I've picked up that sales weren't sufficient for the amount of work it took Vic to create it.  So no future additional DC modules apparently.  :(

Also eyeing the new SGS Afrika Korp. $20 on Steam doesn't seem so bad and it looks to be easy to get into....

Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

WYBaugh

Quote from: 88mmkwk on November 13, 2020, 01:44:42 PM
Two weeks after multi-level cervical disk replacement surgery, I am still on doctor-ordered bed rest (aka free computer gaming time).  But watching the Master's might dig into my plan this weekend.

Several years after buying it, I'm just now getting into Decisive Campaigns : Barbarossa.  Starting out as the Russians while I'm learning.  Seems like a really well done game, but I've picked up that sales weren't sufficient for the amount of work it took Vic to create it.  So no future additional DC modules apparently.  :(

Also eyeing the new SGS Afrika Korp. $20 on Steam doesn't seem so bad and it looks to be easy to get into....

Sorry to hear that.  I had C5-6 fused in the late 90's.  Recovery was a little long for me because the surgeon just inserted the bone into fusion and had to wait for it to fuse rather than tie it in.  But it was the best thing I did to get rid of the pain that I was living with.

Get better soon!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

88mmkwk

Thanks for the healing well-wishes, guys!

I was fortunate to only need disk replacement at C4/C5 and C5/C6 without needing a fusion.  The herniated disks were pinching the nerve going down my left shoulder and arm.  It all happened REALLY fast, and I lost 50% of my left arm strength in a matter of months.  I still have some shoulder pain, but that is due to 2 torn tendons that will also likely need surgery later.  Trust me when I say that it is surreal just how quickly our bodies can degrade when all the "needed pieces" aren't working properly!  The good news is because it happened quickly, there is no permanent nerve damage and I start PT next week to get the strength back.  Gotta hit PT hard so i don't walk around with a pencil for a left arm.

I am off work for three months for healing.  And despite how I thought I would feel, after two weeks of being home all day long, I actually am anxious to get back to work (IT Manager).  But lots of folks have told me that I have one shot for this to heal properly, and then I will deal with that end state for the rest of my days.  So I am taking it slow and steady....
Gaming Rig:
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD

Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Gusington

That sounds excruciating.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

88mmkwk

Getting older is generally somewhat excruciating...  :o
Gaming Rig:

Gusington

I am beginning to learn your ways. And not really enjoying it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy