Lancaster Skies

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, February 27, 2019, 02:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Love the Lanc but the pathos in this one looks a little over the top.  I'll still watch though....

https://www.lancasterskies.com/

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

i'd watch it but yeah, it does look very low budget as well as low brow, i.e. not too technical. They have to do better than a simple drama. The Lancaster deserves something more like memphis belle.
There is a rumour that Spielberg will do dam busters at some point as well.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

Wasn't Peter Jackson involved in Dam Busters?

A PJ/Spielburg joint might be interesting!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

You're probably right. Probably had my wires crossed.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah,  Jackson was supposed to be doing a Dam Busters remake but that seems to have died.  Spielberg was doing a TV series on the 8th Air Force but that also seems to have died.  (But based on the footage, that might not be such a bad thing.  B-17 crews all with their O2 masks off and overly dramatic footage of Forts flipping over and ploughing into other Forts as they go down. etc)

Destraex

This is on amazon prime now so I may rent it. No harm done for a few bob.
Being low budget their is even a good chance of their being no BS romance in it.

Destraex

Saw this. Hands doen one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Basically no action and a lot of social pub scenes.

MrsWargamer

Marginally better than 1945.

That wasn't a compliment.

Not even good enough for background noise playing a board game.
Just killin pixels and cardboard

Sir Slash

Damn! Sorry to hear that.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.