Main Menu

NFL QB's on Facebook

Started by Arctic Blast, March 25, 2013, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Great, another punny title...  ::) 

Lots of good bits this week, but this one was probably my favorite: 
ELI MANNING  ALL ABOARD THE NEW YORK SUPER BOWL EXPRESS. CHOO, CHOO, DICKWEEDS.

AARON RODGERS  Manning, I can assure you, NO ONE gives your pathetic team ANY chance at making it to the Super Bowl

TOM BRADY  FOR GOD'S SAKE, SOMEBODY STOP THEM. KILL THEM WITH FIRE, PLEASE!

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Eagles fans throwing out threats at God was pretty damn funny.

bayonetbrant

you also saw the "Romo as an expert at choking" coming as soon as Brees appeared with his unable-to-talk bit
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

I agree they fell down at the end, but overall I'd rate this one as "halfway-decent". 

QuoteCARSON PALMER  Yep, I think I've finally regained my elite QB status since I suffered that devastating knee injury. And it's only taken me 7 years to do it!

RGIII  (sobs)
Hee. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Arctic Blast

I'd actually started to miss Sam Bradford's disturbing additions to the chats. He started it off innocently, then took it appropriately straight to Hell.  ;D

Martok

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 25, 2013, 10:01:35 PM
I'd actually started to miss Sam Bradford's disturbing additions to the chats.
Well it had been a while since we'd had a tie...  ;) 

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 25, 2013, 10:01:35 PM
He started it off innocently, then took it appropriately straight to Hell.  ;D
Yeah, I do have to say that was one of his better ones! 

Arctic Blast

I also enjoyed Aaron Rodgers attempting to keep track of his crappy backups. So funny because it's so true.  ;D

bayonetbrant

a sign of how mediocre this feature has become lately...  it's THU and we're just now getting around to talking about it.

QuoteRIMSHOT BA-DUM-TSHHH

OK, Flo from Progressive Insurance showing up was pretty good...

and then there was this...

QuoteRAY LEWIS  I'll take a stab at it.
PLAXICO BURRESS  I'll take a shot at it.
TORONTO MAYOR ROB FORD  I'll take a crack at it.

Martok

LOL!  Loved Drew Brees doped up on Ny-Quil. 

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Martok on December 05, 2013, 04:31:51 PM
LOL!  Loved Drew Brees doped up on Ny-Quil.

And based on how the Saints played Monday night, he might have actually been comatose from taking too much.

MetalDog

I thought it was pretty good.  Then again, I AM easily amused.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

skeptical.platypus

Should have ended every Wilson post with a Go Hawks.

Still pretty funny.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

bayonetbrant

scattered moments of hilarity...

QuotePHILIP RIVERS   Holy crap, how many kickers are we going to have in this convo?
CARSON PALMER   Well so far we have Billy Cundiff and Matt Prater. So that's one.

QuoteDREW BREES   To put that into perspective, it would take Matt Schaub about three decades to throw for 50,000 yards.
NICK FOLES   Or two seasons, if you include INT returns.

QuoteCrickets  Chirping

QuoteBEN ROETHLISBERGER   TOUCHDOWNS 349 AND YARDS 3 FOR THREW I. ME BLAME CAN'T YOU!
LIKES THIS, Yoda does

QuoteTONY ROMO   Does Dan Snyder have some other NFL franchise I'm not aware of?

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 10, 2013, 10:09:03 AM
QuoteBEN ROETHLISBERGER   TOUCHDOWNS 349 AND YARDS 3 FOR THREW I. ME BLAME CAN'T YOU!
LIKES THIS, Yoda does

QuoteTONY ROMO   Does Dan Snyder have some other NFL franchise I'm not aware of?
I cracked up at those as well.  :D 

More lines from this week: 
QuoteALEX SMITH That's not surprising. Wes Welker gets concussed when he brushes his teeth too vigorously.
QuoteMATT STAFFORD BUT IT WAS SO COLD! My cheeks started to swell up in the second half.

TONY ROMO How could you tell?
QuoteNFL SIDELINE Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go before Michael Irvin tries to snort me.

YES, WE PUT MICHAEL IRVIN IN THE CONVO EARLIER just to make this joke

But almost certainly my favorite was: 
QuoteJOE FLACCO Wait, you raped a circus bear?

SAM BRADFORD Well, you should have seen how it was dressed.
As incredibly disturbing as he is, I think Bradford may just be my favorite character.  :o  ;D