Dungeons of Dreadmor

Started by Bison, January 29, 2012, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

OK.  I'm hopelessly addicted to this game.  I enjoy Skyrim, but I love Dungeons of Dreadmor.  I'm developing the same addiction for it that I did Zombies Ate My Neighbors in college.  I played that game for 5 years until my Sega gave up it's electronic soul to the god of technology.

I've got one character I've been saving and dying just to see the levels.  However, I'm also into generating the random character with permadeath just to see how far I can make it. 

Best $5 I've spent in a long time.

son_of_montfort

Be sure to get the expansion/DLC, it really adds a lot to the game (including a female protagonist). The game is really really hard though, I've never made it past level 3!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

I got the expansion too.  Well the furthest I made it on perma death was level 3.  The character I'm using now I just do ALOT of saving so I can see the different dungeon levels/monsters/loot.

Nefaro

Best game value I've ever had in relation to time spent. 

I've not played it as much, since getting the expansion, as there were some new bugs introduced into it.  But I'm sure I'll be pushing my 160+ hours of play even further in the future.  :) 

I managed to kill Dredmor once, on Permadeath-Dwarven Moderation.  Then my balloon was deflated after I found out about the bug that multiplies any DoT you have on him, while he's off the screen.   Yep.. he died after I used a teleport type of ability and he went off screen.  I was rather surprised he went down so easy, as he'd absolutely crushed me the previous time I ran into him (and his minions in the same room).  So I don't think my kill should really count.   :(  Nonetheless, I moved on to the hardest mode - because the difficulty in this game is great!